Saturday, March 18, 2006

How Much More Can My Hormones Take?

This can't be happening. But it is. I guess I've been in denial this whole time, knowing in the back of my mind that it would happen eventually, but burying the thought deep within my subconscious. But finally, yesterday, my time was up. Here's how it went town.

Scene: Me, in the bathroom. Hubby in the other room, but within earshot.

Me: Oh my GOD! NO!

Hubby (from the other room): what?

Me: No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No!

Hubby: What?

Me: Damn. My period is back!!!

Hubby: Oh, is that all?

Is that all? Is he serious? I'm gonna be a crampy, bitchy, bleeding mess again every month and that's all the sympathy I get? Shit. I deserve a better response than that. At the very least, I should get a foot rub. A concerned look. Something.

But no. Chalk this up to another one of those things that we women are expected to deal with without any appreciation at all.

So, here's what I propose. If you find out that one of your friends (who's been sans period for a number of months due to baking a baby, breastfeeding etc.) has just found out that her period is back, consider doing something special for her. She's probably going to be a little sad. Even though she knows it has to be this way. So send her something to show her you care. Some home-baked cookies. A little gift certificate towards a pedicure. Or if you don't have the time or money, even an e-card would do, like this one.


Whatever you decide to do, I'm sure she'd appreciate it. I know I would.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mom101 said...

Well whaddya know, we hardly know each other and already we're on the same cycle. For what it's worth, I got mine three months pp to the day. I thought I'd get five free months at least but no such luck.

Thanks so much for the nice words over at my place. Feel free to delurk anytime; I like your kind.

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh lord. I've got to follow up Mom-101 :) ---

I love that card - ahahahah and seriously, no one gets it do they?

But, a friend of mine started to "celebrate" hers every month with a little party. I told her I already do - a celebratory bitch fest and motring. WOoHOO.

4:49 AM  
Blogger Kel said...

When I had to stop pumping for D I cried tons. I was so sad that I had to stop and I knew I'd get my period that much sooner. That first couple after a baby completely blow, and I would of liked something other than a hot pad and a "there, there" from the hubby.

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

BlogHer Ad Network
More from BlogHer
Advertise here
BlogHer Privacy Policy

Moms Speak Up

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A Perfect Post

A Perfect Post

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

More Bling