Tuesday, March 21, 2006

He ate what?

It’s official. Little Guy is a good eater. And I’m not just talking about booby milk here. He eats everything I put in front of him, even stuff with actual vitamins and minerals. Like spinach, peas, carrots, beans, squash, tofu, broccoli... The list goes on and on. I can give it to him cold from the fridge. He eats it. Warmed up. He eats it. Mixed in with the all-important iron-fortified rice cereal. He eats it! In fact, I can't spoon it in fast enough.

Where’s my proof that he'll eat anything? Well, what I’m going to show you next may make you queasy, so viewer discretion is advised. Here is what he ate the other day...


See, look, he can’t wait to have some!


Now, before you call Child Protective Services, this is perfectly healthy fare. I’ll even share the recipe with you so you can try it yourself. It may come in handy if you want to host a Halloween Party for your kids someday.

Goo
3 parts pureed broccoli
2 parts cottage cheese

Mix 3 parts pureed broccoli with 1 part cottage cheese. Microwave for 20 seconds, or until cheese has melted. Remove from microwave and let cool. Stir in remaining cottage cheese.
Voila! It’s goo. An edible, healthy treat, guaranteed to scare the bejesus out of your kids and their friends on Halloween. Yum-my!

9 Comments:

Blogger Antique Mommy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:53 AM  
Blogger Antique Mommy said...

Ok, it's early, going to try the comment thing again and try to form a coherent thought.

Enjoy it while it lasts. He was the same way until those teeth started coming in -- we were lucky to get 10 calories a day down him.

Love the title of your blog! Very funny. Will be checking back.

4:59 AM  
Blogger Mom101 said...

Oh, phew. I was thinking guacamole and yogurt.

5:53 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Antique mommy: I thought they would want to eat MORE when they got teeth. Pheww.

Thanks for visiting!

Mom101: It DID look like guacamole and yogurt, huh?

5:19 PM  
Blogger GIRL'S GONE CHILD said...

yum. that actually looks kinda good! i'm a goo-girl though so, i mean, heh.

12:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to make my daughters a pureed combo of tofu and brown rice.

It tasted bland and looked horrendous, but they loved it. And now - they are big tofu and brown rice lovers, but just not mushed together.

(thanks for visiting!)

1:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oy... That one pic of it spilling off the spoon - reminds of that Nickleodeon Show where the goo pours on their head (what's the name of that again?) LOL...

BUT - if he eats it - then so be it. :)

2:35 PM  
Blogger PetiteMommy said...

My 21 month old would eat it but I'm guessing I'd have a hard time trying to get my 5 year old to eat it but then again he has the freaky food lab that makes stuff similar looking so maybe he would eat it.

BTW, thanks for visiting my blog. I'll add you to my blogroll.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Andie D. said...

Holy mother of god is that cool! Not that my babe would eat it - she's already going through an insane picky stage at 9 months.

But I would just LOVE to make it and a) see the expression on my husband's face and b) tell my son that it was his breakfast. Hee, hee, hee!

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

BlogHer Ad Network
More from BlogHer
Advertise here
BlogHer Privacy Policy

Moms Speak Up

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A Perfect Post

A Perfect Post

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

More Bling