Saturday, December 29, 2007

Bummed!

I just heard that Blogher 08 is happening in San Francisco, which is literally a stone's throw away from where I live. I was so excited! I'd finally get a chance to meet up with some of the people whose blogs I love and see what they're like in real life - more wonderful I'm sure. And I would love to meet 5 or 6 people who still read my blog and ask them "Why are you still reading my blog??" No really, I would have loved to have a drink and see pictures - real pictures - of your kids if you're going and talk to you about how cool it would be if we lived in the same city and could be friends because I know that I would be friends with so many of you if we lived on the same block.

So yeah, I was excited about BlogHer being in S.F.

But then I saw the date and realized that I am going to be in a wedding the very same weekend that BlogHer is happening. And the wedding is in L.A. Gah! I don't think I can take another year of living vicariously through the people going to BlogHer cuz I'm sorry but the virtual BlogHer is just not the same.

So yeah, that's where I am with Blogher. I don't know if you're planning to go, but I'll miss meeting you either way. I've had trouble visiting blogs like I used to in the past. I just don't get to visit nearly as often as I'd like. It's hard to find the time with two kids under 3 and other projects going on. Like I have to tell you that, right? Everyone is in the same boat. One thing I know is that the mommyblogosphere is filled with incredible women such as yourselves. And I will miss meeting you.

And gosh I do wish we lived on the same block.

17 Comments:

Blogger Julie Pippert said...

I;m not sure how I can manage it but I'd sure like to. Sorry you'll miss it.

Julie
Using My Words

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We must be on the same brainwave length. Every year in the past, I've thought, "Blogher? No thanks." But lately I have had a real yen to see people I talk to all the time. I will be sorry to miss you, because it would be nice to have a neighborhood playdate with you.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Maybe you can get to one of the regional BlogHer conferences. Pick a city you want to visit and then go! There is one in Boston, which is where I live, and I'm planning to be there, but I'd never got to a big one. Too many people!

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to be there! :-) Bummer!

4:14 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I am really hoping to be there, boo hoo that you won't be able to make it!

Steph

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my first visit here. I love your header--particularly the commentary. I totally agree. Also, I'm definitely going to be trying a naughtini.

4:21 PM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

Hey there, Cristina...
I've missed you!

Happy New year!

Hmm...Blogher in San Fran???
Wow...that is excellent news! It's one of my favorite places to visit, and one of the few places I would consider living.

Not sure I'll be there, either. I sure would lie to meet you someday!

4:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm trying my best to go, but I'm not sure its gonnna happen yet. Between plane tickets, hotel costs, food, conference...it's gonna be a couple grand for me. Anyone wanna volunteer to convince my husband to spend a couple grand on BLOGGING? ;)

5:21 PM  
Blogger j.sterling said...

you won't be there?!?!?!!! hmmm, i actually can't remember hte date and we might be out of town too!

5:36 PM  
Blogger Kyla said...

I'm really hoping to go again. I had a blast last time.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

drat.

I have many more swears I'd prefer to use here in this instance, but because I may not prevent the siege of them from polluting your basically swear-less comments section, I'll refrain, and go with a nice, old farty kinda swear.

double drat.

*sigh*

11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NOOOOOO!!! I was hoping to buy you another martini now that I am thinner, happier, single, and not stressing over my speech I gave 20 minutes before!!!!!


NOOOOOO!!!!!!

Oh well. if you are in town, give us a ring. :)

9:27 AM  
Blogger Leanne said...

I want to go to BlogHer too. Yet for me it's a little too far. But then again, I'm due a family free vacation.....

Any yes, Christmas is a HUGE wave out to get me too.

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What? You're not going? Now I'm bummed.

-andi

10:57 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Hmmm, I haven't decided yet. So sorry you are already thinking about missing it, not fair.

Happy new year!

5:02 AM  
Blogger Mom O Matic said...

Oh man! I don't think I can afford San Fran. Plus I was hoping it would be in Vegas!

11:39 PM  
Blogger Lawyer Mama said...

Damn. it.

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

BlogHer Ad Network
More from BlogHer
Advertise here
BlogHer Privacy Policy

Moms Speak Up

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A Perfect Post

A Perfect Post

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

More Bling