Monday, April 10, 2006

My Dream Weekend

This post is in response to The Crazy Hip Blog Mamas newest writing prompt: “If I had an entire weekend to myself I would...”

Well, since getting a whole weekend to myself would only happen in my dreams, I might as well make it good, so here goes...

Day One

5:30am: Wake up disoriented. Where am I? Do I go to work today? Realize I’m in Hawaii in a beachfront bungalow. Squeal with joy and fall back to sleep.


6:30am: Wake up again. Is that the baby crying? Nope. Still in Hawaii....awesome! Fall back to sleep.

10:00am:
Still sleeping…oh yeah, baby.

11:00am: Wake up for real. Stretch. Look over to my bedstand and see my favorite breakfast, piping hot and ready to eat (blueberry pancakes, scrambled eggs, toast with butter, fresh squeezed orange juice, and coffee). Yum.

12:00pm: Get dressed for the beach. Realize that I have lost 5 dress sizes and all of my cellulite. Excitedly slip on a string bikini. Lookin' good.

1:00pm: Step out to the beach, lay down on the warm sand, and actually read a book in peace. For three hours.


4:00pm: Indulge in a deluxe Swedish aromatherapy massage and full body wrap. Ahhhh.

5:30pm: While enjoying a cocktail (or two) before dinner, look up to see Ben Affleck standing over me. “Excuse me, I can’t stand to see a woman dine alone. Can I join you?”

9:00pm: Phone the husband. “You’ll never believe this honey, but I’m here with Ben Affleck, and well, I don’t know exactly how to say this, but…OK, I’ll just say it. He wants to offer us a million dollars if I’ll sleep with him.”

9:02pm: After thinking long and hard, hubby figures one million dollars doesn’t come around too often so what the hay.

9:03pm on... Sorry, password protected.

Day Two

11:00am: After sleeping in again, wake up, boot Ben out of bed, and head on home to be with my loving husband and child, one million dollars richer and totally rejuvenated!

Hey, a girl can dream can’t she?

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A million dollars and bedding Ben.

Damn, girl - you know how to live.

12:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This.is.excellent.

May I join you? I'll take Aidan though - you can have Ben.

4:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go girl.....Here's to dreaming and dreaming well! And yes, I want to go with you on your next "dream" weekend off....Great post!

7:03 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Ben will be so tired after he's done with me on my weekend too. Great post - sounds amazing!

2:48 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

I'm SO impressed. I get flustered trying to prioritize a totally-in-my-head dream weekend. I'd be lost if someone asked me to come up with a plan for real.

7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're Tagged!

http://diary.blogs.com/the_diary_of_a_reluctant_/2006/04/six_things.html

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome dreamin'. Makes you want to stay in la-la land forever!

7:46 PM  
Blogger Antique Mommy said...

After that weekend you will have to get a tshirt that says BeniMom.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Undercover Angel said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend...Ben and a million dollars...

5:06 PM  
Blogger Tina@ SendChocolateNow said...

Million dollars, yeah, I could live with that. But I think I would rather have Matt Damon.

Ben in Mallrats ruined him for me. Such a jerk in that role.

My Hip Entry is up, too.

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

BlogHer Ad Network
More from BlogHer
Advertise here
BlogHer Privacy Policy

Moms Speak Up

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A Perfect Post

A Perfect Post

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

More Bling