Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The post in which I declare my
stalkerish love for another blogger

I may not have gotten to go to BlogHer, but I got close enough. I got to meet one of my best friends in the whole blogworld last weekend. A woman who everyone immediately loves and yet cannot help also being jealous of if only because she has GREAT hair and SKIN and WRITING TALENT and STYLE. And plus she's just NICE. Really, really nice. Do you know who I'm talking about yet?

Yeah, this girl.

Meeting her was like being with a celebrity, I swear. As soon as we sat down for lunch and I opened the baby gift she had brought for me people were flocking to the table to admire it - "it" being the cutest little embroidered Sheriff and Deputy baby and toddler Tees that she made herself... (By the way, did I mention she's so generous too? yeah, she is. For more evidence, just check out here last post in which she wants to help bloggers who are down and out.)

Unfortunately, I just know I made an awful impression by a) taking her to lunch at a place with no air-conditioning on a day that was at least 90 degrees b) wearing my "I love LILDB" T-shirt and babbling on and on about how much I love her blog after asking her to autograph my napkin for the 10th time despite her protests and then c) sweating on her during the two photos we took together. Cuz yeah, it was hot and I picked a restaurant with no air conditioning.

At one point, I had a feeling that things just weren't going so well on our BlogDate. I'm not sure why. Just a feeling I got I guess.


Here she is hiding behind her napkin, pretending not to know me.



And then here she is the first time she tried to run away from the table.


Maybe it was all the stalkerish talk about how I LOVE her blog and LOVE her hair and LOVE her Faddidle store. Do you think I maybe overdid it? God, I probably did. I wouldn't be surprised if she has a restraining order out on me.

I guess it's just as well that I didn't go to BlogHer or I'd probably have multiple restraining orders out on me.

But, oh, look! I have one more picture. This one was taken when she thought I was normal and sane. How easily fooled she was. BWAHAHAHAHA!



Me and lildb forever.

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you guys got to meet, that's so awesome!!

Guess you didn't bring her back to the house to show her the shrine to her at the computer desk? Maybe the second date.

4:45 AM  
Blogger Lawyer Mama said...

You guys look great!

4:58 AM  
Blogger Pumpkin said...

Lol, you guys look like you had a fantastic time, that is so cool and seriously, flattery when sincere (no matter how gushing you think you sound) is ALWAYS appreciated.
x

5:38 AM  
Blogger dodo said...

is that the real one? because, you know, there's a fair trade in debbie looky likeys going about these days. Did she smell like the real Lildb?

5:55 AM  
Blogger Kyla said...

Lildb is amazing. Did you see her in the Hot&Bothered video? Hotness. *lol*

And look at you all adorably knocked up! Love it!

7:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny - you do look perfectly sane to me.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has stalkerish love for other bloggers. :)

7:32 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

a) I think maybe someone needs to set the record straight, C. as in, turn the tables. (not the one we were at, because my sandwich RULED and I would've been irate if I couldn't have finished it. the imaginary one. you know, where, um, hi, I'm kinda the stalker these days. yeah.)

b) I was the one who felt utterly important and celebrity-approximate near you. I almost wondered whether someone might come by and recognize you.

c) I wish you didn't live so far away.

sigh.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Kyla: yeah, the hot and bothered video is hilarious.

Lildb: at least you got a good sandwich...although if I recall right you didn't get what you wanted to order the first time or the second time...:)

9:24 AM  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Seriously, she's the greatest freaking woman. I heart Deb big time.

Which should be difficult because she's so damn gorgeous.

But then again, so are you.

5:35 PM  
Blogger karengreeners said...

I love her too, and damn! You are both hot rockin mamas.

5:32 AM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

You girls make a lovely couple *LOL* I love the picture. I am glad you had the chance to meet.

6:16 AM  
Blogger Mom Knows Everything said...

Stalking eh? Well, she is pretty cool!

7:41 PM  
Blogger Blog Owner said...

I met my husband on a blind date, but your blogger date has better hair

8:04 PM  
Blogger Damselfly said...

Looks like fun! It would be great to meet a bloggy friend in person.

2:13 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

You guys are too cute! And by george . . . you look awesome for being so close to baby!

Seriously. With my 2nd I looked like I swallowed a basketball, or 2. And you don't even wanna hear 'bout the 3rd!

Carrie

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also love Deb. We met and bonded at BlogHer. She is probably the sweetest most generous woman that I have ever met plus she is so f-ing funny. Glad you had a great time. I'm jealous. I miss her lots.

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol, at least you're honest about it and admit you're stalking her. Kind of....

AD

12:17 PM  
Blogger Ruth Dynamite said...

I know I know. She's a luminous star. A breath of fresh air. A big juicy peach.

So glad you two got together.

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

BlogHer Ad Network
More from BlogHer
Advertise here
BlogHer Privacy Policy

Moms Speak Up

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A Perfect Post

A Perfect Post

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

More Bling