Sunday, July 22, 2007

It's Nice to Know He'd Help Me Steal My Placenta

Gosh, if it weren't for Husband, I don't know what I'd be blogging about lately.
I love the dear man. Even though he has made me into a golf widow on more than one Sunday. Including this Sunday. As in today.

Not that I'm bitter. Oh no. I enjoy spending "family time" on my weekend with two-thirds of my family. *ahem*

Anyway. I think I'll keep Husband around despite his frequent trips to the golf course. Not only do we actually love each other (a pretty good thing for a marriage), but he also amuses me on a fairly regular basis.

For example, he likes to e-mail me at work with links to newsworthy articles and then provide me with his commentary. Here's a sampling from last week.

Mom Accused of Driving 14-Year-Old Son to Kill Rival
What he said: Hey, at least these kids got their mother’s permission.

He was totally joking of course.

I think.


Easy Bake Toy Ovens Recalled This Week
What he said: I think that is part of the charm. I mean, c’mon when you are cooking on a real stove that is a real possibility. I don’t know how many times I burned my fingers. Making it more hazardous will make the kids think twice about getting too smart and making cookies in the kitchen oven...

Actually, a fairly interesting point - though cruel when you think about it. Later, I asked him if he liked to torture animals when he was little.

I'm still waiting for an answer.


Placenta Fight: Mom Wanted to Eat It - Judge Orders Hospital To Return It
What he said: It's kinda hard to tell me I can’t take it with me when I’m already out the door with my Little Playmate brand Ice Cooler...

What a women's rights advocate!

Not that I'm planning to dine on my placenta anytime soon, but if I were, at least I know he'd have my back. That's how I know I've got a good man. He'd do anything for me. Even help me steal my placenta. Awwwwww.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband and I exchange wacky news stories with commentary too. And I read the placenta one a few days ago. So disturbing.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

Sounds like hubby has a great sense of humor...like you....that is probably one of the reasons why you get along so well :)

By the way, I just discovered you are "back" though you probably have been for a while. I'm so glad you see you blogging again. I've missed you and Little Guy :)

4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there,

we met last year at blog her. I like your blog by the way.

5:31 PM  
Blogger Mom2Amara said...

We all need reasons to keep our hubbies! Mine -- he cleans my bathrooms. Enough said.

6:23 PM  
Blogger Kyla said...

When you said "Eat the placenta." I was imagining like EATING THE PLACENTA, right there, on the delivery table. And the picture was not pretty. *shiver* By dad always tells stories of Indian hunters who would eat the deer liver, right out of the body to give them boosts of adrenaline...and the scene I pictured was something like that. Blech.

But taking it home and planting it is not quite so disturbing. In fact, the grinding it into pills isn't so weird even, not after the mental picture I had brewing.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Yeah. My whole take on the placenta thing is "to each his own". It doesn't gross me out completely - though it is pretty gross. But if it's part of your body I think you should have the right to do what you want with it as long as you're not hurting anyone.

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barbeque placenta, yum!

9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe You have a mighty fine husband!

8:38 AM  
Blogger Virtualsprite said...

That's funny... It's always nice to have a willing accomplice in theft of birthing byproducts. You've got a keeper!

12:40 PM  
Blogger Benjamin Loewen said...

Did she really want to eat it or just break it up into little capsules to take for postpartum depression? I've heard of that. I kept my placenta from my 2nd birth because so many people talk about it and I didn't want it at the time but I was afraid that later I would. So we froze it and the time never came when I wanted to do something with it. It became quite the running joke and finally I said, "Why the heck are we holding onto a placenta?! Please get rid of that and don't tell me where you put it." Is it so crazy that I could not develop an emotional attachment to my placenta??

10:01 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

Any husband that mentions the word "placenta" without tossing his cookies is worth keeping!

Carrie

1:12 AM  
Blogger Shortie said...

Seriously, she wanted to eat it? The first time I missed it. The second time I actually wanted to see it but then changed my mind, ack.

5:13 AM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

Dave told me about the placenta thing the other day. He started off with, "Babe, if you wanted to eat your placenta, I'd fight for you."

True love.

6:07 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Awwww. And they say romance is dead. :-)

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

BlogHer Ad Network
More from BlogHer
Advertise here
BlogHer Privacy Policy

Moms Speak Up

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A Perfect Post

A Perfect Post

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

More Bling