Sunday, December 30, 2007

We're Having a White Christmas After All

So you don't live near the snow, but still want the experience of a snowy Christmas day? I have the perfect solution!

Leave one toddler unattended with your paper shredder for 5 minutes while you send an e-mail. Make sure that you have lots of paper already shredded in the bin.* And voila! Your house will turn into a snow-filled wonderland by the time you hit "send" on that message.

Exhibit A: My First Clue that Something Was Amiss



Omigod! Snow! In California! On a 60-degree day!



More snow!!



Next we'll do snow angels....




We would personally like to thank the godless credit card companies for sending us enough unwanted applications to make this White Christmas possible...



Happy New Year to you and your families!

*Note: If you attempt this at home please ensure that the shredder is NOT plugged in when you leave your child alone with it. I think this is obvious, but I must state the obvious just in case. You know, for the weirdos that find me through Google searches.

14 Comments:

Blogger Tracy Rambles On And On said...

Your son is adorable! And the snow looks perfect! I live in West Virginia so I would take your kind of snow over mine any day!

4:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a reason they make toddlers so cute. So you don't kill 'em :)

Looks like a lovely white Christmas!

5:45 AM  
Blogger Green Bean said...

Love it! Perfect way to enjoy a white Christmas here in sunny California. :) Hope you had a good one.

9:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The weather dudes are calling for six inches for us tonight. Wanna trade? ;) Then again, I suppose mine will melt and yours will have to be swept up. Maybe I'll keep the real stuff.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Blog Owner said...

Excuse me, ma'am. I found you through Google. I typed in "there's no such thing as jumk mail" and "toddlers" and here ya are :)

11:16 PM  
Blogger Bronie said...

I was dreaming of a white Christmas. I'm over it. His extreme cuteness does make it easier to let him live another day, doesn't it? :)

Hand him the dust*buster! My 2 year old LOVES to vacuum. I know. Weird. It's some random gene he inherited...from the wind.

7:33 AM  
Blogger Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

He is such is a doll as usual!!!! And that is quite a white Christmas!!! That was hilarious. I bet he had fun doing it, though I'm sure it wasn't fun to clean up.

Have a Happy New Year Christina!!!

8:09 AM  
Blogger Crazed Nitwit said...

So funny. My boys would have done something like this when they were toddlers if we had owned a shredder back then.

Here's to a happy and healthy new year!

7:34 PM  
Blogger Virtualsprite said...

That is too funny! But far better than the white Christmas we had in Wisconsin. I'd rather clean up a house of shredded paper than nearly 20 inches of accumulated snow!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

maybe I should've just left J at your house when we were there; he's been asking me about where our snow is for the last week. at least then he could say he'd seen some.

(we've had a lot of rain lately. I'm bitter. obvious? probably. spelling it out? sure. drunk? definitely.)

xoxo

8:13 PM  
Blogger the mystic said...

Gives new meaning to "shovelling snow" eh? Happy New Year!

8:21 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Oh - as much *fun* as that may have been cleaning up - so cute!!

Happy New year!

9:27 PM  
Blogger Kris Underwood said...

Oh, 60 degrees! How I miss those warm winters when it's 3 below zero (and colder) here....

8:10 AM  
Blogger Romie said...

I have been a lurker here but just wanted to pipe in and say you got a special one there, none lethal mischief is always good :)

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

BlogHer Ad Network
More from BlogHer
Advertise here
BlogHer Privacy Policy

Moms Speak Up

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A Perfect Post

A Perfect Post

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

More Bling