Saturday, June 10, 2006

This Meme in Pictures

I've been tagged for a meme by the witty and wonderful Debbie at i obsess. In turn, I tag carriebrett, great day, catherine, and kristen.
____________________________________________



Twenty years ago I was in 4th grade at a Catholic School. That's me with heavy bangs up near the top. Our principal was a nun. My fondest memory of her was when, in 8th grade, she told me that I was going to go to Hell for extortion after several first graders complained that the brownies we had sold them at the bake sale that I organized were extremely small and not at all worth the 25 cents they had paid, which by the way was SO not true. (We were forced to reimburse 25 cents to each first grader who had bought a brownie. Not surprisingly, there were quite a few first graders who did not buy a brownie, but who got in line for that 25 cents. It was perhaps my first lesson that life isn't fair....and that sweet-looking nuns can be meaner than hell.)

***********************




10 years ago I had to go on a blind date to my Senior Ball because, hey, it's hard finding dates to the prom when you go to an all-girls Catholic school. At least it was for me. (Note: I am totally bummed that I can't find my prom picture for this post. Suffice it to say that I wore a completely whorish short silvery dress and had WAY too much make-up on. I have no idea what I was thinking. In the picture, my date looks like he's a bit confused as to how he got there. I think he was a friend of a friend of a friend or something like that. I was hard up for a date. Really hard up.)

***********************



5 years ago
I got engaged to the love of my life. He likes to leave me at home to golf a lot on Saturdays, which kinda sucks. But on the other hand, he doesnt' mind cleaning our bathrooms and that kinda makes up for it. Cuz cleaning bathrooms...eww.

***********************



1 year ago I was pregnant. 9 months pregnant. In the summertime. And it was hot. Reeeeeaaly hot. And I sweated a lot. And there was much stickiness. Cuz it was hot. Did I mention how hot it was?

***********************


Yesterday I got a major craving for something sweet.

***********************




Today I bought myself some vanilla ice cream and some Midnight Moo Chocolate Syrup at my favorite store, Trader Joes. Cuz the post-pregnancy belly flab ain't going away whether I eat ice cream or not so I might as well.

***********************


Tomorrow I will eat a big bowl of what I bought today, with lots of swirls of Midnight Moo. And I will add chopped almonds to it. And it will be very good. So good that I will lick the bowl.

***********************

P.S. There's also a "3-years ago" entry and a "next year" entry that you're supposed to do but it's 12:21am and I must. get. sleep. I can't believe I'm even up at this hour. 'Night all.

39 Comments:

Blogger The Domesticator said...

I loved this post...and pictures, too. Wow, you are really cute! Your husband and you make a beautiful couple, too.

5:45 AM  
Blogger cmhl said...

cute pictures!!

6:12 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

I love you, C. :)

Oh - did I mention? You're ADORABLE.

and also, extra flab? and that would be *where*? you gained nothing but baby, or so it would appear in that 1-year photo.

Cuuuuute girl. :)

9:15 AM  
Blogger Bea said...

Mmmm... Midnight Moo. I wonder if that's available outside the G.T.A.

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were absolutely adorably pregnant. And now I want some ice cream too.

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love seeing pictures of bloggers, you look great!

3:13 PM  
Blogger Mom101 said...

Oh I love seeing the evolution of MotR! You're so cute and man, you look a hell of a lot better pregnant than I did one year ago. Our kids must be the same age. did I know that?

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your adorablepreggers picture! And the nursery is gorgeous, too :)

4:22 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

It really did suck being pregnant last summer. I recently slipped on my old sandals and shrieked, "my feet are shrinking!" Well, not really, it's just that my poor feet were so swollen last summer that I stretched out my shoes.

Cute pictures. Your husband is adorable!

4:52 PM  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Pregnant women are not supposed to be as cute as you were!

Maybe that's how you landed a guy who cleans bathrooms.

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the tag. I've never been tagged before. I'll have to work on this one tomorrow. Man my pregnant pic is no where near as cute as yours so no one laugh tomorrow when I get it posted.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Thank you for the nice comments everybody. I probably look really wholesome and goodie-to-shoesish to you all in these pictures so, in the name of full disclosure, I just thought I should mention that if I had gotten to the "3 years entry" I would have uploaded a picture of myself at the nudy bar where I was working for extra tips to make ends meet early in our marriage.

Just kiddin' of course! Or am I?....

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was awesome. I loved the pictures and totally love the attitude about ice cream!

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have that very same ice cream in my freezer, and the exact bottle of Midnight Moo on my counter. Great minds think alike.

And a man who cleans the bathroom! Clone him!

2:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a former Catholic school girl myself, I got a big laugh out of your "going to hell" story. The nuns would have you believe that hell is packed with elementary school girls!

5:06 AM  
Blogger Kira said...

this might sound a little wierd... but I think you might bear a slight resemblance to me. maybe or maybe not. I think you have my chin! :-P

5:25 AM  
Blogger Kel said...

you were such a cute pregnant lady!

5:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved the pictures!

OK, so Sunshine scribe has a June 5th little one, Mama Tulip-June 12, me-June 16, you and Mom-101? Verrrryy interesting. Kind of like the cycles...

Mine was 10 days late, yours?

5:36 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Yay, a tag!! Give me a day to get my shtuff together. And let me not leave you before saying: What gorgeous pictures, Cristina!!!

9:04 AM  
Blogger j.sterling said...

oh i LOVE that you added pics to this!!!!!! love it! you made this tag thing so cute and fun! you are adorable!

10:59 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Kira: I am off to check you out. Your site that is. And your chin...lol

Mega Mom: my son was born June 28th, 4 days late. I can't believe how many June babies we all have!

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your pain...I was pregnant with Oliver through the summer and it was downright TORTURE.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

YUMMY that ice cream looks GOOD!
I love the pictures.. you looked adorbale preggo and you and your hubs are so sweet together!

8:10 PM  
Blogger MJ Tam said...

I loved your pics! Beautiful post!

9:38 PM  
Blogger Mom on the Run said...

VERY CUTE! Never heard of Midnight Moo, though it's almost Midnight, so I might just have to go out and get some!

11:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had that exact same pregnancy dress except that I looked like a blimp and you look like a petite little thing with a pillow under your shirt. That is SO not fair.

Please eat more ice cream so I can hate you less.

4:44 AM  
Blogger Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

Cute pictures. I can't believe that Nun. Glad I never had to go to Catholic School. Sounds like an unhapply place!
and you look so adorable in your pics and how about that hubby that cleans bathrooms? I need to find one like that!

7:22 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

My hubby has never understood why people who have gone to Catholic grade schools are scared of nuns. And when I tell them how mean they can be, he laughs....

THanks for that story because I got a kick out of it. The ice cream looks sooooo good!

9:30 AM  
Blogger ditzymoi said...

I loved your mememe's... i just wanted to check and ask ...
was it hot when you were pregnant? lol andddd i have to spread the word on my favorite addiction
Ben&Jerrys Karmel Sutra ice cream ...omg its sinful and i should get royalties for the way i go around advertising :)

9:44 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

This is a really cute meme. The pictures add so much. I expect a follow up with a prom picture!!!!

Enjoy your ice cream.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Pendullum said...

I would hate to think what the worst memory you have of your principal from Catholic school if the extortion is one of the fondest... I can just imagine what 'Health Class' or should i say 'going to Hell class' would had been like in that school...
The rest of your life looks pretty rockin!
And where can I find me a Trader Joes????

10:53 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Kim: Ben&Jerrys Karmel Sutra ice cream? I am so going to try that one next time!

Stephanie: If I come across the prom picture, I'll be sure to post it. My fear is that I tore them all up in sheer disgust when I saw how they came out. But perhaps, there is still a wallet size one hangin' around somewhere....

Pendullum: Not sure where you live, but there are TJs in several states in the US. Check out the website. It will tell you all the locations. I highly recommend a visit to one if there is a store near you. Good stuff.

11:24 AM  
Blogger K. said...

Such a cute pregnant lady you were. ;)

And now you make me want some ice cream w/chocolate. Think I will go get some right now as I finish reading my other blogs.....

12:07 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

this was so cute!!!!great pictures! you and hubby look so happy!!! I think I need to get some ice cream tonight oo...lol

3:06 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

I loved that meme and how creative of you to do it in pictures!

5:32 PM  
Blogger Lena said...

Would haev totally loved to see the whorish prom dress!

And could you be any cuter pregnant? WHere's the pregnant face? Where? Not fair.

Trader Joe's. I should buy stock in that damn place.

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This Meme looks like lots of fun. :) You & hubby make a cute couple.

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so cute.

And I totally agree with your philosophy on the post-baby flab: if it ain't budging, why not help it to stick around! ;-)

5:08 PM  
Blogger ms blue said...

I love the photos! You and your husband make the sweetest couple! Your pregnant photo makes me want to be pregnant again, but never again in the hot summer heat.

I'm sure that your picture from three years ago, making tips, is too hot for your PG blog!

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

BlogHer Ad Network
More from BlogHer
Advertise here
BlogHer Privacy Policy

Moms Speak Up

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A Perfect Post

A Perfect Post

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

More Bling