Friday, September 01, 2006

Linky Lurve

Edited to add: More links added Saturday...see below!

I need a break from talking about myself. It's always MotR this and MotR that on this blog. I mean, really. It gets a little old after a while, don't you think?

Today, instead of boring you with my trolling antics or talking ad nauseum about Little Guy's toliet paper fetish, I'd like to point you to a few bloggers whose blogs, I think, are worth a little clickity click over for a visit.

First off, I would like to share my Perfect Post nomination with you. I have nominated Debbie for her post "Daze." Please read it. And prepare to get teary-eyed and fall in love with a new blog if you're not yet reading her. To read more about the Perfect Post Awards, go here or here.

Secondly, Much More than a Mom asked me to tell everyone about her new efforts to raise money for cancer research and patient comfort. Unfortunately, her father is fighting cancer; this is her way to fight back. You can see her new line of merchandise, here, at her online store.

Third, I came across this neat little site that you might be interested in called Bloggy Gossip. In the words of the blog authors, "It’s not for icky gossip, it’s just for the good stuff!" They are posting about a ton of different blogging-related topics. Best of all, if you have something to share, you can submit it to their site to be featured.

Well, that's the round-up folks. Now...I have a question for YOU. Do you have any linkies to sites or posts or fundraisers that you think others should know about? If so, post me a comment, and I'll upload the info to this post later.

Have a great weekend all!

*************************
Edited to add your links:

1) "I am a fiber artist and a member of this organization--www.fiberartsavengers.com. Our mission is to raise money to sponser a woman who is participating in the Breast Cancer 3-Day Walk." ~Kim

2) "I wanted to add a link I think is worth checking out. It's www.dcroe.com/2996 He has a tribute idea for Sept 11th and needs people to sign up and do a tribute on that day on our blogs. Please check it out." ~Kim

3) "My dh and I have two fundraisers going. One is A2Zgifts and the other one is Stuff A Friend." ~Dawn

4) "A couple of boys I have known since elementary days. really cool cause. really cool guys. their mom would be so proud of them." (Spinning Southward was started in 1996 to honor their mother Jean who was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor that took her life in the winter of the same year. Per the website, monies raised will go to innovative brain tumor research and patient care.)~Nut's Mom

5) Invisible Children aims to help raise awareness and money for the children in Uganda who are trying to keep from being kidnapped by the LRA and forced to fight as soldiers. ~Mary

6) Guys Read is a site dedicated to raising the literacy rate of boys. ~Mary

7) Baggage at BaggageThatGoesWithMine is holding a challenge to raise $1000 for Donor's Choose. They fund teacher projects in disadvantaged schools. It's a great cause; learn more & help her reach her goal. ~Danielle

8) Did you see this article over at Wallpaper of the Mind? It's gotta be just about the best post on mom bloggers that I've ever read. ~Nancy

14 Comments:

Blogger ~d said...

I just wanted to pop in and tell you what a doll you are and how your compliments just make my 'posting' worth while. Have a wonderful holiday weekend!
~d heart Mommy

11:11 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Thanks for the plugs, sweetie. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

3:34 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I was so excited to see your request for more fund-raising efforts. I am a fiber artist and a member of this organization--www.fiberartsavengers.com. Our mission is to raise money to sponser a woman who is participating in the Breast Cancer 3-Day Walk. We raised enough money last year to sponser more than one walker, it was just beautiful. Thanks for letting me spam your blog!

6:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love Bloggy Gossip! What a great idea!

7:00 AM  
Blogger ditzymoi said...

I wanted to add a link i think is worth checking out its
www.dcroe.com/2996
He has a tribute idea for Sept 11th
and needs people to sign up and do a tribute on that day on our blogs.
Please check it out :)

10:57 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

Im gonna check out bloggy gossip!!!! Thanks for the lead!

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great links!! I always adore seeing bloggers support each other!

12:43 PM  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Great choice for PP award! I loved that post by Debbie.

Now I am off to check out that bloggy gossipy thing. 'Cause I need more sites to read and all.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

My dh and I have two fundraisers going. One is www.cafepress.com/a2zgifts and the other one is Stuff A Friend at www.stuffafriend.biz/members/delorenzo74

Thanks!

6:50 PM  
Blogger Nut's mom said...

a couple of boys I have known since elementray days.
www.spinningsouthward.com

really cool cause. really cool guys. their mom would be so proud of them.

9:56 PM  
Blogger Tracie Nall said...

Great looking links....I am off to go check them all out!

Happy weekend MotR

12:03 AM  
Blogger carrie said...

Thanks for the links, but I assume that still, one of my favorites will always be "Mommy Off the Record"!

Carrie

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baggage at BaggageThatGoesWithMine is holding a challenge to raise $1000 for Donor's Choose. They fund teacher projects in disadvantaged schools.

It's a great cause; learn more & help her reach her goal here

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, Bloggy Gossip looks good -- I'll have to check that one out again!

Did you see this article over at Wallpaper of the Mind? It's gotta be just about the best post on mom bloggers that I've ever read. Great stuff!

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

BlogHer Ad Network
More from BlogHer
Advertise here
BlogHer Privacy Policy

Moms Speak Up

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A Perfect Post

A Perfect Post

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

More Bling