Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Pregnancy Live Blogging, 39 Weeks 3 Days

I love Little Guy and I love my work, but today I don't have to worry about either. Because I am officially on maternity leave and my parents also graciously agreed to watch Little Guy for me all day.

This so that I can have a day all to myself to do, well, whatever I want to do.

I can hardly contain my joy (evidenced by the fact that I am zealously overusing CAPS and exlamation points in this blog post. YEEEEE!)

So yeah. To recap - I get to stay home! By myself! And I'm not even puking! I haven't had a day to myself in over two years - coincidentally right around the time that I became a mother. Hmmmmm.

But today is different! I can do anything I want to do! I can even shower without worrying that my toddler is going to kill himself in the other room while I'm lathering my hair.

I have been looking forward to this day for WEEKS - ever since I had the revelation that this could possibly be the last time I will ever get to have a day to myself again for a really, REALLY long time.

Now, I just have to figure out what I want to do with this precious, luscious, wonderous alone time that I have.

I think I'll start by gazing upon my new and not-yet-marred-by-dogs-and-kids hardwood floors. And maybe I'll even run my hand across their clean, smooth shininess.

*sigh*

12 Comments:

Blogger Kyla said...

Enjoy your day...may the memories you make today carry you through those first sleepless 6 weeks!

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd sleep.

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Puuuurty floor!

Ya for you time! I hope you have a relaxing day!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Lawyer Mama said...

Oooooh, they're so pretty!

11:45 AM  
Blogger Blog Owner said...

You SO deserve this day. GOOD FOR YOU!!

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy! WE have two kids and all I can say is one child is sooooo easy:-))

you should be glad if you even have time to shower when the second one comes along:-))

Best of luck and enjoy your time off

AD

12:14 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Good grief, but it's beautiful!

Enjoy!

12:30 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Thanks all! I should be sleeping but I went shopping instead :)

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take my advice - enjoy that solo time and keep asking for as much as possible until that baby arrives. Sleep all you can, and shower three times a day if you want.

7:10 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Yeah, except that to touch those floors, you first have to figure out how to bend all the way down to the floor. Easier said than done when you're nine months pregnant.

Enjoy these last few days!

7:41 PM  
Blogger Pumpkin said...

Lol....enjoy sweetie!

ps...Gorgeous floors!!!!!

1:52 AM  
Blogger Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

I love THAT floor. I hope you enjoyed your day to yourself!!!! I'm sure it will be another 18 years or so before you get another - ha ha.

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

BlogHer Ad Network
More from BlogHer
Advertise here
BlogHer Privacy Policy

Moms Speak Up

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A Perfect Post

A Perfect Post

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

More Bling