Monday, May 26, 2008

Reason #56 Why TV Isn't That Bad After All

Scene: Me and Little Guy on the floor with his toy train.

Little Guy: Mommy, can you put my train together for me?

Me: Sure!

Five minutes later I'm still fidgeting with the goddamn thing.

Little Guy: Gee, this is exasperating!

Me: What did you say?

Little Guy: This is exasperating!

Me (to hubby in the other room): Did you hear what he just said??! He used the word exasperating in a sentence.

Silence

Me: I said, did you hear what he just said? Don't you think it's really advanced that he just used the word exasperating correctly in a sentence?

Husband: That's from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Donald says it all the time.

Hell. And all this time I thought TV wasn't good for him. What was I thinking?

12 Comments:

Blogger justme said...

ahh, i feel so much better.

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But if Donald says it, wouldn't it be exathperating?:)

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know - once Mickey showed me how to put together one of those toy trains. Totally worth having the Mickey Mouse theme song in my head all day.

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My best friend swears her daughter learned to read from Wheel of Fortune.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

no. srsly. Jack is doing the same thing - and I couldn't be happier about our television consumption as a result.

*slaps one up-high with C*

10:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so agree. My 8 year old just told me yesterday that t.v. makes her smarter. Works for me!

12:40 PM  
Blogger Scary Mommy said...

Love it! My kids learn Spanish from Dora. 'Aint nothing wrong with tv.

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know... its amazing what they pick up from TV! Little Bear remembers EVERYTHING she sees on the TV. Some of it isn't exactly educational though. The other day she woke me up saying, "I have a stuffy nose and a headache! I need some Children's Claritin Clear!" And later she asked me, "Is Juicy Juice really the very best juice for the very best kids?"

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're kidding yourselves. you know that, right?

5:25 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

anon - yeah my post is tongue in cheek. that said, my kid IS watching tv right now

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! I can relate! Hey, I wonder if I can set the language selection for the TV to Italian?

9:36 AM  
Blogger KatBouska said...

Hi, I just linked to you from technorati and this reminds me of a time my daughter said to her friend, "you can believe in your dreams, but FIRST you need to believe in yourSELF" She's four and I was dumbfounded until I heard Strawberry Shortcake repeat the exact phrase the other day.

AHA! They are too cute.

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

BlogHer Ad Network
More from BlogHer
Advertise here
BlogHer Privacy Policy

Moms Speak Up

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A Perfect Post

A Perfect Post

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

More Bling