Sunday, May 04, 2008

Runnin' to the Border


(Warning: do not eat while reading today's post.)

I'm just going to cut right to the chase and say it: Little Guy has been having some trouble pooping lately. Actually, he's been having a LOT of trouble for the last three months. Without going into the gory details, it has been really troublesome and we have been trying EVERYTHING - prunes, prune juice, liquids, cutting out the sugar and refined flour products, more fruits, probiotics...nothing seemed to be helping. Then yesterday, I happened to get Little Guy a taco at Taco Bell. It was the first time I've ever given him fast food and I felt TOTALLY guilty about it, but....guess what? 30 minutes after he ate the taco...POOP! A big one! I couldn't believe it. It had been TWO WEEKS since he had a real poop (not counting the little itty bitty ones he had been having). I was like jumping up and down. After all this time of trying to adjust his diet, add fiber, fruits, water, veggies, after almost having to give my kid an ENEMA (*shudder*), it was the damn Taco Bell taco that did it.

Why the hell didn't I think of it sooner? I can see their new slogan now: Taco Bell - the cure to any kid's chronic constipation - only 89 cents and no waiting hours to see a doctor! Who could ask for more.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea, I knew about those side effects, but probably wouldn't have thought to use it on my child...will keep in mind.

Yay for tacos! ;)

4:47 AM  
Blogger justme said...

oh that is too funny, i wish my daughter would eat a taco. i am still giving her miralax every day !!!

5:42 AM  
Blogger Kyla said...

Ha! KayTar is still on the Miralax, but it works like a dream. We were, ahem, hand delivering things before we found Miralax.

6:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was probably the oil. I had a friend whose child had the same problem so she started giving her son mineral oil and it worked alright — all over our bathroom floor during a playdate!

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have totally used Taco Bell as a laxative. I have not yet used it on my toddler, though I will keep it in mind.
It's such a vicious cycle when little kids get constipated. They don't want to poop because it hurts, and then it hurts because they don't poop.
Glad Little Guy is feeling better!

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here I was thinking the internet had given up all the advice it could offer me, and then I read this. Good to know. Good to know. :^)

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think it's limited to Taco Bell. I think all fast food can give a person the shits. That's why I'm doing my dead level best not to eat it anymore.

However, the convenience is hard to resist many times.

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another great use for tacos...I thought they were only good for a bartime meal...LOL

It must be the grease that did it.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

oh, sugar. your poor little man. glad that worked.

and don't you dare feel guilty about feeding him food from taco bell. don't! do! it!

let's talk soon? ish?

xoxo

7:46 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Dub said...

Shoot, the American Colon Cancer Society should get on top of this. I can just see the new slogan: "An enchirito a day keeps the cancer away." Or would it sound catchier if you replaced enchirito with crunchwrap supreme?

Either way, I'm not above admitting I like the place. It's not Mexican food, people, it's Taco Bell. It's its own genre.

11:02 AM  
Blogger BrightBoy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:34 PM  
Blogger BrightBoy said...

This is funny on so many different levels.

First of all, the fact that the miraculous cure to constipation was Taco Bell is hilarious simply because it's so true. It's a shame you don't know many college students, because any of us could have enllightened you to Taco Bell's magical cleansing powers.

Then, of course, there is your reaction, one of the most joyous responses to feces I've ever heard.

Keep on going.

Try giving him Indian food, and then you'll really see the floodgates open.

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

BlogHer Ad Network
More from BlogHer
Advertise here
BlogHer Privacy Policy

Moms Speak Up

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A Perfect Post

A Perfect Post

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

More Bling