Monday, October 20, 2008

WTF - Republican Candidates Edition

This may be old news, but somehow I just read about it today:

PENSACOLA, FL. Asked for a reaction to the news that he'd been endorsed by reality-soap bad girl Heidi Montag of "The Hills," John McCain told Swampland: "I’m honored to have Heidi’s support and I want to assure her that I never miss an episode of 'The Hills,' especially since the new season started."

Seriously? Seriously.

That McCain would actually utter the words "I'm honored to have Heidi's support" of a reality TV show star from The Hills is only slightly more embarrassing (but admittedly no less entertaining) than Palin's appearance on Saturday Night Live this weekend in which she allowed herself to be mocked by the stars of SNL while she lamely participated in the sketches. I'm not sure if she realized that they were laughing at her, and not with her, the whole time. Maybe one day she'll look back at it all (from Alaska) and laugh...

8 Comments:

Blogger Msabcmom said...

That is nuts! I watch the Hills but I sure don't want to advertise it. If I did, I definitely wouldn't stand behind Heidi!

Seriously though ... what a bizarre comment. Does he think that he is going to get more votes because he tells people he watches The Hills?

Besides, if McCain did watch the show, he would know that is isn't too popular to be backed by Heidi. (If Spencer finds out he will try to break that up too!)

5:36 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Ahh, he was kidding. It's hilarious when you stop and think about it. McCain has a wicked sense of humor we just don't see it much.

6:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

If he'd said "who?" (like he probably did originally) he'd get flamed for not being in touch with America's youth blah blah blah.

I seriously hope his initial reaction would have been "God, I hope no one heard her say that." Seriously, that's like being endorsed by a parakeet.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Ruth Dynamite said...

Actually, I think John McCain and Heidi Montag have a lot in common between the ears. (and that would be, of course, not much)

2:26 PM  
Blogger Ruth Dynamite said...

OK - that wasn't very nice.

My apologies to Heidi.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

Actually the questions was more ridiculous than the answer.

What the heck was he supposed to say? "I wish she'd vote for the other guy?"

Get real. The question was stupid, not the answer. Both candidates deal with off the wall stupid questions.

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your blog and thought you might be interested in an upcoming invitation-only webinar for bloggers being held by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. It will focus on ways you and your family can protect yourself against the flu, and will be held on December 2 from 2-3 p.m. EST. Please save the date and watch for your official invitation e-mail from hseitz at cdc dot gov.

10:38 AM  
Blogger sweatpantsmom said...

John McCain guest starring on an episode of 'The Hills' would be an SNL sketch to die for. Oh, and Sarah Palin as Heidi Montag!

I'm sorry - I don't mean to insult her. Heidi Montag, that is.

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

BlogHer Ad Network
More from BlogHer
Advertise here
BlogHer Privacy Policy

Moms Speak Up

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A Perfect Post

A Perfect Post

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

More Bling