Monday, September 15, 2008

On Raising Children Green

Driving home from grocery shopping with my three-year-old yesterday....

Me: We're here!

Little Guy: We're home!

Me:
Are you happy to be coming home?

Little Guy: Yeah....but I wish I had a bigger home. I want a bigger home.

Me: Why do you want a bigger home?

Little Guy: So I can get more toys and more toys and more toys. And then I will have space to put them in.

Where does he come up with this stuff? Clearly, I have more work to do in the "please don't grow up to be a materialistic overconsumer" department.

Not that I don't give way too much of my paycheck to Target on an almost monthly basis.

But that totally doesn't count.

I mean, it's a well-known fact that no one can leave Target without spending 100 bucks. I'm only human.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

HA! They learn so quickly, don't they?

9:43 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

I think they make you leave the store if you try to spend less than $50. ;-)

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

more and more toys...i bet my daughter will 100% agree with that :D

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

BlogHer Ad Network
More from BlogHer
Advertise here
BlogHer Privacy Policy

Moms Speak Up

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A Perfect Post

A Perfect Post

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

More Bling