Monday, July 31, 2006

BlogHer Pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me apologize in advance for using the words "nice" and "mommy blogger" in this post over and over again. But I have to say that mommy bloggers are just really, really, really nice people. And cute and funny and intelligent. I'm so glad I went even though I didn't get there until Saturday night and I felt like a bit of a lame-o arriving so late. I actually had to chase down Elizabeth from Table for Five to say hi to her because she was already leaving as I was just getting my first drink.

Also, due to the fact that I arrived so late, I missed out on all the free stuff. I was so bummed cuz I love free shite. Though I have to say that Mega Mom did share some of her goodies with me. Check this out. Free Elexa condoms with their own faux leather carrying case. Sweeeeeet!

But enough of that...on to the pictures!

*********



Double fistin' it with Christina and Sarah. Woo-hoo. These girls know how to part-ay!







What can I say about this girl? She is like the cutest pregnant woman I have EVER seen. Really outgoing, warm, and friendly. And she's the only woman I've ever spent the night with who's handed me a condom. So, that seals it. I am forever in love with her.





Dude, it doesn't get any better than this. Me and Jennster, completely sober, humping each other. She rocks, man. You will see her picture ALL of the Internet I'm sure. She is so fun and so nice and I'm indebted to her for letting me tag along after her at the party.






I'm not going to tell you who this is, but I will say that she is really sweet, super nice, and loves her office supplies.









Forget Dooce. I touched Dawn from True Wife Confessions. I shall not wash my right cheek.








This is what I meant when I said I wanted sweeping bangs, Hairdresser! She is one sophisticated mama. And so down-to-earth. Just like her blog. Oh, and she's the only person I truly believe can bring the fanny pack back into style.




I'm a bit sad because I didn't get to really chat it up with Catherine. Though I did find out that those adorable pictures of Wonderbaby and Kermit were taken by HER. If I lived closer, I would totally pay her to take pictures of Kermit and Little Guy.

And then there was Motherhood Uncensored, Mothergoosemouse, POW, and Mom/Ma'am/Me who were so fun to meet in person as I am big fans of their blogs.

When I met Liz , I think I blathered something about how much I loved her blog and how it was one of the first I ever read and how she was such a great writer and how funny I think she is. I basically made myself sound like a frickin' stalker. But she was so nice that she didn't let on that I totally freaked her out. I'm going to have to comment on her blog with a new profile now. But she really is sweet. Super, super sweet.

Oh, and Wendy Boucher autographed her book for me. Wendy is lovely. So outgoing and friendly. And a published writer. *swoon*

So, that's the recap. There are so many peeps out there in blogland that weren't at the conference. I missed seeing you guys there. Really, really missed you. It will be that much more fun if you can make it to next year's BlogHer in Illinois. Whaddyasay? Is it a date...?

38 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Piggie back riding?! There was piggie back riding!?

I'm so going next year.

5:12 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

BlogHer is in Illinois next year? DUDE! I LIVE IN ILLINOIS! If it doesn't coincide with this work trip I'm on, I'M SO THERE. And you're on the top of my list of people to meet.

7:10 AM  
Blogger ~d said...

Aww dude!
I think this is sooo awesome!

I love the pix! I want to hear more about it!
like Did you guys stay up all night talking-eating dinner-what?!
(where in Illinois?)

9:05 AM  
Blogger Nut's mom said...

wow!! you were awake doing this at 1 am?? I am impressed!

your photos came out adorable!!

if you are in the area again, let me know!

10:30 AM  
Blogger Mama en Fuego said...

Sounds like you had a great time, I am very jealous. Maybe one of these days I can join the fun.

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fun summary! Sorry you couldn't make it for the whole thing, but I'm glad you enjoyed what you were able to attend.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Mall Worker said...

It looks like it was so much fun! I'd love to be able to go to one of these!

1:24 PM  
Blogger j.sterling said...

YAY! i love that pic! did you see that it is on the front page of blogher.org?!? LOL..
I HEART YOU!

2:33 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

OMG, Jennster, we ARE on blogher.org....humping each other...for all the world to see! And I thought what happened at BlogHer stayed at BlogHer. Guess not. Perhaps it's my fault for posting the pic on my blog. LOL

3:18 PM  
Blogger Piece of Work said...

Yay! I loved meeting you Christina!!

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was nice meeting you at Blogher. I think you chose the right night to visit.

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a great time too. See you next year!

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you chased me down! I'm already planning my trip to Blogher '07, hopefully we'll get more time to hang out together then! And maybe even be in a photo together :)

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time. BlogHer is in Illinois next time, for real? I am so in. Gotta get me some pasties...

7:10 PM  
Blogger Princess Mom said...

Cool pix! Live em!

7:34 PM  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Looove the pictures! I'll be seeing you in Chi-town in '07 fo sho.

7:47 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

I am seething with envy at all the great pictures on everyone's blogs!! It just isn't fair!!! Maybe I'm bitter because I spent the weekend camping and wrangling kids while my hubby golfed and napped (grrr....)! Glad you had a blast!

Carrie

8:49 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

Illinoise. I hafta go. I have family in that state.

also, esp. if you *and* Jenny are going. and since I know Andrea and Jaelithe live nearby, and Izzy already swore she's in, and if Nancy and Julie are gonna go - yes. I'm there.

(but then, you knew that already. *wink*)

11:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am SOOO there next year. Ohhhhh, to be numbered among the cool kids (and as a potential stalker. :-)

4:15 AM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Of course the pregnant woman gave you the condom, it was too late for her!

The pictures and post are great. Thanks for sharing with those of us who didn't go. Perhaps next year, perhaps.

5:46 AM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

That looks like so much fun, and you met some really amazing women.I am so glad you got a chance to head over to Blogher for a while :)

6:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time! :-) Welcome back.

7:54 AM  
Blogger Christina_the_wench said...

Alcohol, condoms and dry humping? Who the hell can resist??? When is this next year??

11:09 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

oh, and DUH, P.S.,

you're ADORABLE, dudette.

so. freaking. adorable.

(everyone else is divine, too, but you? take the cake. :P)

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did I miss the humping?

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tacy LOVES that picture of you and Jennster.

MOTR, you are the cutest ever.

3:04 PM  
Blogger Mom101 said...

What are you talking about, woman? There was no blathering and no stalking. I found you charming and delightful and sweet and next time, don't show up five minutes before I'm about to pass out (I'm old, remember? I don't have the stamina of the kids these days.) and go to sleep.

Next time, we'll turn those virtual margaritas into real ones.

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome. :)

It's really cool to see pics of you. It's nice to put a face to the name.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Tracie Nall said...

Oh,...my jealousy abounds.

Glad to see you had a great time!

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so excited! I live 3 hours from Chicago right now and If all goes well, I will only be 45 minutes from there next year!!! BlogHer...here I come!!!!

7:49 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I'm so there next year!!! Chicago here I come! Now I just have to obsess over it for a whole year!

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this pic of us! You were so great to meet and I think saying everyone was nice is perfectly acceptable...'cause they really were.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Kevin Surbaugh said...

Looks like you had a good time.
Don't forget to promote your nomination in the Blogs of summer. The voting for the cluster you were nominated for is at DebtFree4ever.net

6:18 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Yay for you!!! It's so nice of you to post pictures for those of us who could only attend BlogHer '06 in spirit. And this way we know exactly who to scope out at the '07 festivities when we convince our asses to join our spirits!... that made sense in my mind, I swear.

10:29 PM  
Blogger Kathryn Thompson said...

For the LOVE! I so wish you'd said hi. I see your pictures and I know I saw you everywhere. Next year we'll have to meet up. It was seriously a great time.

10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was so awesome meeting you, MotR. I only wish we'd had more one on one time to talk. Next time, my friend! p.s. -- you are gorgeous and have the best smile. :-)

6:03 PM  
Blogger Her Bad Mother said...

I'm so gutted that we didn't connect of rmore than few minutes but DUDE. Next year you must get there early to make up for lost time. I demand it.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

So jealous. Such awesome pictures. I think this might be the first time I've seen your pics and girl you are gorgeous! I am so so so sad I didn't get to meet you but...next year! I am so there!

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

BlogHer Ad Network
More from BlogHer
Advertise here
BlogHer Privacy Policy

Moms Speak Up

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A Perfect Post

A Perfect Post

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

More Bling