Let the Party Begin!
One week until BlogHer and the party has already started! Today I'm interviewing Mega Mom of The Mom Squad as part of the get-to-know-your-fellow-bloggers online mixer.(You don't have to be going to BlogHer to join the mixer and interview a blogger. Go here for more info, and play along. It's fun!)
So, what can I say about Mega Mom? She is mom to 3 beautiful boys and is expecting her fourth baby in a few months. Hers is one of the first blogs I ever read, and I have been a fan ever since. She recently took pity on me and told me I could room with her at the conference. I am terribly excited to meet her.
Ok, Mega Mom, take it away!
P.S. You can read my interview over at her site today. Like if you're totally bored or something.
1. When did you start blogging and why? Or Talk about your blog. What can I learn about you in under 5 minutes?
I started b/c I'd written a treatment for a talk show for Moms and I wanted to get ideas, feedback and support. Obviously I found quite a bit of a community of Mommy Bloggers and the damn people at the network never did end up taking my call (even though they'd seemed very interested and open when I set up the phone interview).
2. Who do you read every day, rain or shine?
I don't read every day because we've been enjoying a wonderful summer, but I try to at least 3x per week. I try to hit everyone on my Blogroll of course!
3. Why did you choose to share that piece of yourself in a photograph?
I tend to be a bit snarky, so I'm showing you my open, accepting and happy smile so that you won't be intimidated by me. Ha! Hope you can read the sarcasm there. I'm only snarky with my husband. I hide it from everyone else!
4. How would you describe your writing style?
Choppy :) It changes with the wind. I started out quite long winded, used up all my best stuff, and discovered I liked shorter posts that got to the point!
5. If you could spend time with one person (other than your spouse, because really, let’s not rack up the suck up points here)
I'll have to say my sister, especially because I don't live 1 mile away anymore, but 750 :(
6. What don’t you write about? Anything considered a no-no in your book?
In-Laws (because I was an ASS and gave them the address). Nothing too personal. No sex, not much cursing. My parents are fans!
7. How do you feel about meeting bloggers in real life? Are you nervous? Will you have great expectations? What do you home to take away from the BlogHer experience?
Not nervous except that I'm going solo. I have a feeling that I don't have much in common with the bloggers that I read, but I fell in love with their writing and ideas. It'll be interesting to see what I think of them (especially this chick that I'm sharing a room with).
8. So soon we’re going to meet each other at BlogHer. Important question. How do you party?
I get pretty wild, but I go home early (it has been my MO since college). Even though I'm halfway through a pregnancy, I still get silly. I keep telling everyone that I'm the funnest sober person they've ever met :) However, as outgoing as I am, I can get quiet when I'm uncomfortable.
9. What is your favorite thing that you wrote? What got a strong reaction from readers? Links please?
I like some of my old, chaotic writing. I also like the ones I've written about my parents, kids and husband.
10. Have you written anything controversial? Is blogging controversial?
I actually wrote a post about spanking that I had to remove (not at all because of negative comments). It was early in my blogging and I didn't want people who didn't know me personally to have only one tiny portion of my vast :) parenting skills.
11. Are you and your blogging persona the same person?
12. Have you ever anonymously posted on a site to flame them?
NEVER. If I don't like something I either politely disagree or I click the little X. I can't stand the anonymous haters. They've got nothing better to do with their lives. BTW, I've also never had a problem with them (because I'm a little fry), I'm only mad at what they've written to my imaginary friends :).
13. If you had a super power, what would it be?
I'd want every one in the book (how cool would it be to swing from buildings?) If I had to choose one I'd like the ability to be two places at once. That way I could enjoy my life here in IL and still be with my family in NY.