Monday, July 03, 2006

Meme-a-Palooza

I apologize in advance to anyone who gets tagged in today's Meme-a-Palooza.

Meme #1: Midwestern Mommy has asked me to list 15 things I hate, and I am glad to oblige because we are new blogger buds and I don't want to do anything to rock the boat this early in our relationship. Plus, I'm due for a little bitching. OK, so here are...

15 Things I Hate

1) People who park their cars on their lawn, leave car hoods on their lawns, and/or put their cars on blocks and leave them in their driveways. It's just not neighborly.

2) Finding bits of jelly in my jar of peanut butter. Ugh.

3) That there are perpetually no less than 6 half-empty glasses of water on Husband's nightstand. Not surprisingly, I can rarely find a clean glass for myself.

4) Writing a totally thoughtful, witty three-paragraph comment on someone's outstanding post, clicking "publish", and then seeing the dreadful Blogger error message and realizing my comment has just been wiped into oblivion. Hate that.

5) Reading "batteries not included" on Little Guy's new toy package, having no batteries on hand, and also having no desire whatsoever to go to the store to buy any batteries.

6) B.O. on a crowded bus.

7) Purchasing an awesome armchair and ottoman from Ikea, excitedly bringing it home to assemble it, and then finding that the one itty bitty allen wrench needed to put it together is missing from the box. Not funny, Ikea stockboys. Not funny at all.

8) Reaching for toliet paper and not finding any.

9) Cutting dog hair out of my vacuum cleaner coils.

10) Spending 2 hours cleaning the house and still finding dog hair in my food. (Does anyone know if this counts as protein?)

11) Used car salesmen who cheat me out of a promised "student rebate" and who then accuse me of harrasing them and threaten to sic their lawyers on me when I try to demand what I am rightfully owed.

12) Credit card solicitations in my mail. Every. Single. Day.

13) Fingernail clippings left on my bathroom sink. (Yeah, Husband, this means you!)

14) Not being carded at the bar.

And....

15) Not being carded at the bar. Yeah, really hate that.
I tag A Mommy Story, Sunshine Scribe, and Nancy. Have you guys done this one yet?

MEME #2
Kel recently tagged me for this meme.

5 things in my fridge:
1. Midnight Moo (you may remember seeing me post about this before)
2. Hummus
3. Whole milk (for Little Guy who's starting cow's milk this week!)
4. Raspberries
5. Really old leftovers that are now indistinguishable from their original form and which, unfortunately, I am so scared to touch that they will likely remain in our fridge until they grow legs and walk off.

5 things in my closet:
1. A pair of pants that I swear I will fit back into one day.
2. A box of maternity clothes.
3. A scrapbook kit I bought at Target.
4. A new slinky black dress that I bought today and that I plan to wear out for our 5th wedding anniversary later this month.
5. Clothes that I bought and that I plan to return, eventually, someday. Oh, who am I kidding? I'll never get back to the store to return them.

5 things in my purse:
1. Crumbs
2. My favorite beaded necklace that I took off some weeks ago because Little Guy insists on trying to tear it off my neck and break it into a million little choking hazards.
3. An extra set of keys, which are routinely handed to Little Guy who has taken to screaming his purty little head off if he cannot immediately have my keys when I take them out of my purse.
4. Receipts, receipts, receipts
5. Hand sanitizer

5 things in my car:
1. Toys
2. Sun Shade
3. Picnic blanket
4. Empty water bottles
5. A picture of the Pope (I received it from someone and didn't know what else to do with it. Somehow I feel safer with the Pope watching out for us. Weird?)

5 people I tag:
Stacy
Mothergoosemouse
Jodi
Something Baby Blue
The Mom Squad
Ruth Dynamite

28 Comments:

Blogger What's so funny? said...

Yowza! That's a lot of lists! I was gonna reply to so many things. But the ONLY thing I can remember is that I too bought that scrapbooking kit from Target. And I still haven't used it. Better hit publish before this disappears in cyberspace!

12:15 AM  
Blogger Granny said...

First meme #4. I rarely leave pearls of wisdom in the comment box but I've begun copying my comment before I post (when I can remember to do it).

Then I say "gotcha" to blogger and paste it back in.

I think blogger hates me.

1:07 AM  
Blogger carrie said...

I forgot about jelly in the peanut butter - that is the WORST!!!!

Love the lists.

Carrie

1:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally bought that scrapbooking kit at target...still haven't opened it.

Also, what do you do with a picture of the pope? I'm pretty sure your cursed if you throw it away.

5:43 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

not being carded in a bar...lol....yeh...we all hate that!!!!! You are too funny!! good list!

8:00 AM  
Blogger Virtualsprite said...

Fab lists. Agree with all 15 of the hateful things. Too funny!

8:05 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

I think I hate nearly everything on your list of hates. And I haven't done the meme yet, so I will take up the task of coming up with 15 more things to hate. I need a little venting, anyway.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

Oh, I can relate to so many of these things! Especially the dog hair. UGH. I am fighting that battle right now!!!

1:01 PM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

Those are some lists you have there! :)

Your purse could be my purse...

Oh and not getting carded? I hate that, too :( I was at a restaurant and overheard the waitress carding the table next to us. They laughed and she said "We have to card everyone who looks 40 and younger." Then she came to my table...and didn't ask for my ID...major suckage, I tell ya!

3:22 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

That a great list! I had to laugh... I'm the one with empty glasses all over the nightstand while the hubby can't find a clean glass. He feels your pain and frustration! :-)

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, exxxxcellent. This will be a great meme for me to do. Thanks for tagging me.

LOL at the picture of the pope in your car. It's funny, if someone gave me a picture of the Pope (as a non-practicing Catholic) I'd probably not know what to do with it either. But you just can't dispose of a picture of the Pope, right? Yep, better to keep it where he can watch out for you.

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A picture of the Pope in your car? Beats the hell out of my dashboard Jesus.

(Yes, we really had one. Threw it out when we turned in the car.)

Thanks for the tag! I shall out myself as the secret slob that I am.

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your husband's nightstand looks like mine, except that instead of glasses and mugs I have bottles of water all over the place.

Number 4 is so, so frustrating. Number 7 is too, and so is the fact that every time I buy something there it comes with Sweedish instructions.

14 and 15...*sigh* Fare thee well, youthful appearance...I wasn't carded this weekend. And I *so* should have been.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one with unrecognizable leftovers in her fridge.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Our fridges don't much resemble one another...I don't think I've ever bought hummus in my life. Or raspberries. (I KNOW! I can't believe myself, either.) On the other hand, I'm fascinated that we hate so many of the same things!

9:24 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Carrie: Love your new pic!!

Re. those who commented on the Pope picture, I've heard that the only way that the Church "allows" you to dispose of holy items like that is to burn them. But burning a picture of the Pope just seems wrong to me so he'll be hangin' with me in the car for a while I think.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

I want to yell "preach" after every single one of the items on both of your lists, but I feel as though it might get somewhat tiresome.

instead, I'll just say, you're right. and brilliant.

and I've had a leeeetle too much wine to run around besmirching my favorite blogger's comments section with my slurred writing.

xo

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Number 8 - yes ! hate to comment and then it vanishes! But here's my today and it's still there. HAPPY 4th!

2:01 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Such great lists! Oh and I am glad you have tagged me ... I have been reading with envy that meme around the blogoshphere and hoping someone would invite me to play - there is nothing like a good rant. And I am so right there with you on the nails in the sink thing ... ewwwww!

And ya, I so hate not getting carded at a bar. Hate it.

But I have to admit that like Lisa and Mama Tulip I am the guilty one with water next to MY nightstand. Drives my husband insane!

3:50 AM  
Blogger Marcie said...

Not being carded? Oh I hate that one but I'm kind of used to it now:(
And the only thing worse than B.O. on a bus is really bad B.O. on an airplane, right next to you, on a flight from Australia to the U.S. Ugh.

5:16 AM  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

Luv your list. Luv you. Got my list up too. OH, and I can scroll over and down now on your blog! So, it's all good.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Mom101 said...

I'm still stuck on BO on the bus. Ew. Just ew.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

Hi and thanks for the comment on granny today. You're welcome back anytime you want to visit.

Ann

3:49 PM  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Your husband and I have the same problem - the half full water glasses by the bed. But in our defense, you've seen the movie 'Signs', right?

I don't think dog hair counts as protein but when you find some in your mouth after eating a bite of food, keep it. It makes wonderful dental floss.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Nut's mom said...

OH MY GOD!!! WE HAD THAT SAME DAMN IKEA CHAIR!!!! Color and all!!! IT IS SOOOOOO NOT COMFORTABLE AFTER ABOUT A YEAR!! The bear FINALLY got rid of it when he got me a rocker for mother's day. I love the rocker :P

10:42 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Mrs. Chicky: dog hair dental floss? EWW! :)

Peanut's Mom: oh no! The chair gets uncomfortable after a year? That sucks because I just bought it AND the sofa a couple months ago. It looks really similar to the PB Basic collection at Pottery Barn, which I really like. I knew I was taking a chance buying furniture at Ikea though. I guess you get what you pay for.

10:59 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

I accept your tag and will be completing it sometimes this week!!

8:00 AM  
Blogger Ruth Dynamite said...

Oh, how I could elaborate about dog hair. Big, fluffy clumps of dog hair. Thanks for the tag...coming soon!

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I finally did my list tonight -- check it out when you have a chance!

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

BlogHer Ad Network
More from BlogHer
Advertise here
BlogHer Privacy Policy

Moms Speak Up

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A Perfect Post

A Perfect Post

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

More Bling