Saturday, July 01, 2006

I Coulda Sworn There Were 31 Days in June...

A Perfect Post

I'm a procrastinator. I know it. I suck. Today I begged Lindsay and Momma K to let me bestow a Perfect Post award for June, even though it's now July. I was prepared for them to say "Nope, too late. Sorry!" so I had the following excuses ready just in case:

1) I heard there was some kind of mommy blogger "get-together" happening in the Toronto area so I decided to drive to Canada to check it out.

2) My dog ate my keyboard.

3) Target asked me to be their official mommy spokesperson and I was taking press calls all day.

4) My husband told me he'd give up golf if I'd just stay off the Internet for one godd**m day.

5) I coulda sworn there were 31 days in June.

Luckily, I didn't need to use these excuses. Not a one. Because being the nice, forgiving people that they are, they agreed to add one more blogger to the Perfect Post list. So without further adieu, my award goes to....

Bub and Pie for the post, The One That Got Away.

I’ve been reading Ms. Bub and Pie for about a month and I truly enjoy reading her posts. I usually keep a dictionary on hand when I read her blog because she often uses “big” words that I don’t know like "ubiquitous" and "predilection"(Ok big for me probably not for you), but she always throws in a "neck cheese" or a "royal potty" for good measure.

(She’s an English teacher you know. Actually an English professor. As a former English major, I find that incredibly, delectably cool. And I truly appreciate the fact that she is helping me widen my vocabulary.)

Anyhow, please go read her beautifully written entry about the heartache of miscarriage. It truly is a perfect post.

***********************
And thank you to It's Okay Sweetie and Peanut's Mom who nominated my post about Target shopping addiction. I'm honored to be mentioned among some great bloggers. Thank you!

9 Comments:

Blogger Mom101 said...

Congrats on your own award! I totally remember that post. It was a good one (written as we're about to load the family into the car and head to Target).

1:02 PM  
Blogger ms blue said...

I'm glad you got to give Bubandpie the Perfect Post award and congrats to you as well! Now you have another excuse to do more shopping!

10:34 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Congrats on your award.

I had to laugh at your comment on my post. Hey, I want to dump my dog off too sometimes. But that doesn't mean you're a bad dog mom. :-) You crack me up!

11:04 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Congrats again on your award and good choice for Bub & Pie. She's awesome and so is her writing. I think I have said this before but I love your new design!!!

(p.s we'll find a way to teleport you to our next gathering....)

6:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved your list of excuses! Too bad the Target one didn't come true, or, apparently, the one in which your husband gives up golf. The perfect post awards sound like a great idea! I'm off to check out the Bub & Pie one; I used to be an English teacher, too.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

You deserve it, Sweetie!

8:05 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

you're the cutest thing ever. and you *know* I agree wholeheartedly about Bub&pie. She rulez.

I think approximately fifty percent of your posts qualify for the label of perfect.

xo

8:12 PM  
Blogger Nut's mom said...

no worries! it was figging hilarous! there is a tar-jay about two miles from my house. That and the local ghetto mall that is right next to the house is my personal gauntlet

10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to you and to Bubandpie -- two excellent and deserving bloggers!

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

BlogHer Ad Network
More from BlogHer
Advertise here
BlogHer Privacy Policy

Moms Speak Up

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A Perfect Post

A Perfect Post

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

More Bling