Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Elmo May Very Well Ruin My Marriage

Earlier this morning as we are getting ready for work.

Husband (singing): La la, la la, la la la la Elmo’s World! La la, la la, la la la la Elmo’s World!

Me: Can you please stop singing that? It’s really annoying.

Husband: Elmo loves his goldfish, his crayons too! That’s Elmo’s…

Me: I said STOP!

Husband: …..that’s Elmo’s WOOORRLLD!

Me: Do you WANT me to kill you? STOP!

Husband (humming Elmo’s World Theme Song): nu-nu-nunu, nu-nu-nunu nuh nuh nuh

Me: I don’t want you to HUM it either! I’m serious!!!

Husband: What? I’m just singing. Gosh.

Pause

Husband: Elmo loves his goldfish….

Me: STOP IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*silence*

*more silence*

Husband (whistling Elmo’s World Theme Song): fee fee fe fee, fee fee fe fee, fee fee fee! fee fee fe fee, fee fee fe fee, fee fee fee!

I swear this man lives to torture me. Who amongst you would blame me for killing him? Seriously.

*****************
THANK YOU, thank you, thank you to everyone who voted for me yesterday. Because of you, I’m actually in the running for this! If you haven’t voted yet and have a few secs to spare, please go here and click on the "love it" button! (See, I'm not above begging when it comes to winning a bunch of free stuff. Pathetic, eh?) If you have no idea what the heck I'm talking about, refer to my previous post...but beware of the cankles.

Labels: , ,

17 Comments:

Blogger εїз ..•·.·´¯`·.·•εїз May Gonzàlez εїз •·.·´¯`·.·•..εїз... said...

excelent blog!
very very good!

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, now _I_ have the Elmo's World song stuck in my head. It does make a nice change from the Vacation Bible School songs, though.

11:47 PM  
Blogger Pumpkin said...

Lol....I'm lucky in that sense....my husband can't sing...and I mean CAN'T, so even if he did do that he'd be so out of tune that I wouldn't even recognise it as singing.

However, I have a male friend that does ExACTLY what your husband does........may I suggest you make up a phrase using the words:
Cattleprod/blunt tweezers and pubic region....I swear, if it doesn't stop them, it gives you 5 minutes of peace as they seriously consider the possible payback!
Lol....Still LOVING this blog, seriously, write a book girl, you've definitley got a talent for writing......and I would buy at least 3 copies...me, the hubby and his mum!!!
Keep it up! x

11:59 PM  
Blogger Musings of a Housewife said...

Are he and my husband related or something? Because that's EXACTLY something he would do.

Hey, I'm glad you're still blogging over here!! :-)

4:21 AM  
Blogger Msabcmom said...

My daughter was hooked on that darn song when she was younger. My entire family started singing it to her but inserted her name in the place of Elmo's name. That crazy song never left my head. AUGH!!!!!!!!

6:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That song can DEFINITELY get stuck in your head. It's like chinese water torture.

6:33 AM  
Blogger Lawyer Mama said...

Now it's in my head. Damn you! Damn you all!

7:39 AM  
Blogger Kyla said...

Ack! My husband puts Spongebob on....WHEN THE KIDS AREN'T AWAKE! That should not be allowed. We could be watching real live grown up shows, and he chooses Spongebob. I threated to kill him when he does this.

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elmo is the epitome of evil. I have that dang song in my head every day. I was free of it today. Until now.

I catch myself singing it all the time at work.

You know you're a bunch of parents when the rest of the office chimes in.... LOL

9:32 AM  
Blogger Tuesday Girl said...

It could have been worse, it could have been Barney's song!

10:40 AM  
Blogger Jill Urbane, The Mentor Mom said...

How is that they figure out so quickly that Elmo is a mother's kryptonite?

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In our house it is I that tortures with horrific theme songs then waits to hear him hum them .. muwahaha

2:27 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

You poor thing!!

4:31 PM  
Blogger Slackermommy said...

I'll take Elmo over Barney any day! That song is like running your nails down a chalk board.

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG we're married to the same man!! No worries though, you can have him :-).

Seriously it's just good to hear I'm not alone. We have a toy that sings the letter of the alphabet that you push, and my husband tries to get it to sing swear words. Yep, he's 34!

8:29 PM  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

THANKS.....NOW I have that damn song in my head and I haven't had the pleasure of watching Elmo's world for a couple years now! Maybe I miss Elmo's world?? :)

When Trent was a baby my BIL was staying with us and we were all watching "Sesame Street" because well, it made Trent happy. My BIL was a teenager at the time and he went to get in the shower after we had all watched Elmo's World and was singing the "jacket, jacket, jacket" song at the top of his lungs. It was HILARIOUS. Just thinking about it now makes me giggle...that darn Elmo.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

This is so funny. Your hubby has an ornery streak. He'd get along well with MY husband. :-)

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

BlogHer Ad Network
More from BlogHer
Advertise here
BlogHer Privacy Policy

Moms Speak Up

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A Perfect Post

A Perfect Post

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

More Bling