Saturday, October 13, 2007

Showdown at the Hoedown

To the angry dude who acted like a complete jerk-off at the pumpkin patch today:

Do you really think it was necessary to talk shit to the hayride driver in front of approximately 20 people (including several children) who were sitting like civilized people and waiting patiently for the hayride to begin?

I mean, I know you had to wait an extra 5 whole minutes because the driver (nice soul that he was) told a couple people, including my husband, that they could run to get some tickets for the ride and that he would wait. But is there really any excuse for giving attitude to this poor old man and saying rude things to him like, "We want to leave NOW!" and yelling "What's taking so long??!" I must admit, it really takes a special person to yell at a man who is 70 years old and probably volunteers his time driving families around the pumpkin patch because it brings him joy to see people have fun on a hayride.

When this kind-hearted hayride driver told you that you should be a little patient and that part of what was wrong with the world was that people couldn't be more patient with each other, I almost stood up and clapped (Here, here!). And then I was appalled that you retorted by saying, "Haven't you ever heard of customer service?" You practically spit those last two words.

Well, I couldn't say it then as there were children present, but I think you are an asshat. And I'm pretty sure that, unfortunately, your two young daughters are going to grow up to be asshats too, given the fact that you are their father.

Later in the day, we passed the hayride driver and thanked him for the ride - and especially thanked him for having to take your crap. And you know what he told us? He told us that you actually demanded your money back for that ride. Demanded your money back. A whole eight dollars. Two dollars each for you, your wife and your two daughters to ride.

Who demands their money back after they take the hayride? A total asshat, that's who.

20 Comments:

Blogger Pumpkin said...

That is appalling!!!!

Asshat is trully the perfect title for that idiot, who seems to believe that the world revolves around his insignificant and trully rude ass!!

Good grief, just reading that made me want to choke that man until his face turned a nice shade of purple, when did manners and civility and 'just chilling the fuck out'go out the window?????

Sorry, I'll get off my soap box now....maybe he'll use the 8 dollars to help pay for the legal fees when his daughters run someone over because they weren't moving fast enough.

Sheesh!!!!

1:31 AM  
Blogger Msabcmom said...

You are a better person than me. I would have wanted to put that rude person in their place. Why are some people so unhappy like that?

7:30 AM  
Blogger Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

Sooo incredibly rude. You see that kind of thing more and more. It really is sad. And a poor old guy driving the hay ride? I feel sorry for the guy! I'm glad you guys were able to talk to him and thank him. And for the guy to ask for his money back?

Maybe the guy should have offered to let he and his family off BEFORE the ride if he was that preturbed? Although in those situations, it is hard to know what to do. Really sad though!

I am surprised that other people on the hayride didn't chime in in the defense of the driver. I might have been tempted to....

8:22 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

When we were talking to the driver later, he told us that he almost told the guy to get off the ride. I SO wish he had. I would have loved to see the look on his face. People like that DO need to be put in their place once in a while!

8:26 AM  
Blogger Kyla said...

That is SO awful! I detest people like that.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Granny said...

It costs nothing to be civil. I'm with your other commenter, pumpkin. I shudder to think what his kids will be like.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Asshat is right! That jerk is what is wrong with this country - only thinking of his own wants and no concern for others.

I worry about the kids mine will go to school with, considering how many of those type of parents I've run into. Sad.

3:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow. See, it's stuff like this that makes me really hate people. There are so many of them like that and they get away with it because the rest of us are trying to be polite and not stoop to his level.

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Dear God. I don't know that asshat is enough. I'm trying to think of the worst name possible...

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you took the time to thank the driver!

More of us need to take the time to thank the "little people" whose jobs don't always go noticed.

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unbelievable.
And I would thanked the driver too, so good for you and those poor kids.

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, we were up in your neck of the woods this weekend. Yesterday we went to Apple Hill, past Folsom, and today we went to Old Town Sacramento. Now we are back in the Bay Area, ready for bed! :-)

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mother F-er. my hay ride with Ricky today was wonderful except for the asshat bablling into his iphone loudly next to me ruining the video I was trying to shoot for my family in other countries!!!

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Double wow. I just can't believe that someone would actually yell at an elderly hayride driver. My gosh...in am in my mid 30's and still say yes yes maam and no sir (no sir is now mostly for my 2 year old) and I almost always refer to seniors as Mr or Mrs and use their last name.

Sheesh. What a pain in the butt guy. And, I keep thinking those poor kids of his.

Well, good for you for being good examples and taking the time to reassure the driver. I am sure your kind words meant a lot.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

That is just horrible. What a miserable man. He set a very bad example for his children and for any other child on that ride. He should be ashamed of himself.

6:22 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Pity, it'll all come back to haunt him when his daughters date younger versions of him.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Aaaaaagh. This kind of thing makes me want to run away from people forever. It is so amazing how ugly people seem to be getting.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

What... a... dick.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Lawyer Mama said...

Oh. my. god. Didn't you just want to bludgeon him to death with a pumpkin?

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is just crazy! Some people need to grow up... and well just grow up! I do hope the hay ride was fun though...

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

BlogHer Ad Network
More from BlogHer
Advertise here
BlogHer Privacy Policy

Moms Speak Up

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A Perfect Post

A Perfect Post

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

More Bling