Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Why the News Sucks

Anyone else think it's INSANE how much media coverage is being paid to the Britney Spears drama?

It seems like it's been leading the news all week. My question is: Why is it even IN the news? Wait. Don't answer that. I know there are millions of people hanging on the details of her crazy life for some weird reason. But you know, I'd personally love it if the major news networks would actually cover REAL news, not celebrity gossip. If I wanted to hear endless analyses of Britney's custody battle, I'd subscribe to People magazine.

Speaking of real news, I have a new post at Moms Speak Up. (Unfortunately, I have a feeling that more people are hearing about Britney than they are about the fact that millions of children just lost access to their health insurance.)

8 Comments:

Blogger dodo said...

over here we not only have britney britney britney, but also endless dredging up of gory and personal details about princess Di. yesterday the headlines were all "Princess Diana was on the Pill" . . ..

3:40 AM  
Blogger Pumpkin said...

Oh. My. God. I just read your piece on Bush vetoeing that legislation and I have to say....that man is frightening.....and I'm stunned that he's willing to place so many children (y'know,defensless human beings and the FUTURE of the country) at risk!!!!!!!
Good grief!!!!!
xx

6:56 AM  
Blogger Lawyer Mama said...

We did posts on health care at DC Metro Moms today too. Bush, well, there are no words for what he did....At least I can't think of many right now that don't involve profanity.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

Yea, I'm about sick of the Britney Coverage...

11:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

or about the crisis in Burma, the potential election in the UK, like you said...loss of health insurance for children...nice post. Like dodo said we also have Princess Di's personal life and the fact that Kate and William are back together.

1:48 AM  
Blogger Granny said...

We had a rally on Thursday protesting the veto. Once again, I was standing on the main street with my little sign.

I was amazed at how many passers-by responded by honking; especially one female on duty police officer and a couple of school bus drivers.

The man is a monster. We could pay for SCHIP with 3 weeks worth of war money and save our kids instead of killing them.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Juliness said...

Amen! Let's all try and focus on the stuff that matters to more than just the Spears-Federline families.

3:37 PM  
Blogger Nadine said...

Britney even made it onto Dutch news. Crazy.

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

BlogHer Ad Network
More from BlogHer
Advertise here
BlogHer Privacy Policy

Moms Speak Up

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A Perfect Post

A Perfect Post

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

More Bling