Wednesday, January 30, 2008

In preparation for Valentine's Day, a post on love

I found this wonderful book of bedtime blessings that I bought recently. Every night before I put Little Guy to bed, we read the first few blessings in the book. Tonight he was a little under the weather. He had a low-grade fever and a stuffy nose, but he still wanted to me to read him his blessings.

"Mama, can we read the blessings?"

"Sure we can, hon." I said and began the first one.

Dear God, thank you for the day that's done, the things I did and all the fun. For big adventures, learning more, for new discoveries to explore...


"Mama, wait. Can we say thank you for my new firetruck pillowcase?"

"Well, sure we can. Thank you God for the new firetruck pillowcase."

I continued:

...For being with my family, who loves me lots and care for me.


"Mama, wait. And can we say thank you for Dada and Little Brother and Mama?"

*insert melting heart here (mine)*


"Yes, hon. Thank you God for Little Brother and Dada and me and for you too."
...And for this house above my head and for my comfy, cozy bed. Amen.


Amen. And thank you God for this child. This beautiful, wonderful, lovey child.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is so sweet. I think it's wonderful you are teaching him to be grateful at such a young age.

I'm still working on that over here.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Aw, that makes my heart get squishy. Maddy said to me last, apropros of nothing, "Mom, I really love you. You're like the best mom ever."

Please God let her think that when she's 14!

11:08 AM  
Blogger Kyla said...

What a sweetheart. Ooof.

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's moments like this that make parenthood worth all the worry and chaos. Thanks for sharing it and making my heart smile! :-)

6:57 PM  
Blogger Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

What a sweetie. Those are the kind of moments where you know why you are a parent!

7:06 PM  
Blogger Damselfly said...

Aw. That makes me tear up a little bit.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Aw, that is really so sweet! What an insightful little guy.

Evan's prayers are almost always: "thank you for my walls, and for my bunk bed, and for the little lines that I stand on to climb up my bunk bed, and for the alarm that goes off when there's a fire, and for the door, and our door knobs so we can open our doors....."

Miss you.

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I just ordered it. So cute.

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

BlogHer Ad Network
More from BlogHer
Advertise here
BlogHer Privacy Policy

Moms Speak Up

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A Perfect Post

A Perfect Post

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

More Bling