Thursday, March 08, 2007

Randomness that has nothing whatsoever to do with vomiting, I swear

Being home sick from work this week and with Little Guy taking refuge at my parents' house, I have had little more to do with my time than watch TV. So I feel that I can say without a doubt that there is a dearth of good programming on during the day. A dearth. I guess I could pick up an actual book and read but that would entail too much energy on my part. There's just something nice about lying back and letting the information come to you passively without even having to strain an eyelid, ya know? That's about my speed right now.

And yet, there's never. anything. good. on. (God, see I can totally complain about anything, even the lack of good daytime TV programming. Someone wanna give me 99 bucks? I'd probably complain I didn't get an even hundred.)

But anyways, yesterday I did watch two things that were great that I feel compelled to share with you.

1) One was on Dr. Phil, who normally annoys the crapola out of me but who had a show on that hooked me. He was interviewing the parents of the only deaf, blind triplets in the world. Hearing their daily struggles, I felt immediately embarrassed for anything I've ever complained about. I was compelled to donate to them. If you want to read more about the family or donate to them so that they can afford to hire intervenors for their children, go here.





2) Comedy Central had Dimitri Martin on. I cracked up through the whole. entire. show. He is my new favorite comedian. I couldn't find a clip of his Comedy Central routine, but his website is funnier than heck too. Check it out.





***************************
Also, Chrissy found me a you tube video of the Perfect Strangers Final Clip Montage that includes Larry and Balki doing the dance of joy. Thanks, Chrissy! I swear that watching this almost made me cry from nostalgia. We just don't have these kind of quality programs anymore, ya know? (Although now I know that you can still catch old re-reruns of the Golden Girls on TV during the day. Anyone else a Golden Girls fan? No? Just me? Really?)

18 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Well I grew up with a mom who told me that watching anything on the WB was a sin, and then moved out into an apartment that only received CBS, ABC, PBS, and ,if you stood on your head while holding out a wire clothes hanger, FOX. Now where we live we get CW so I can watch my fill old sitcoms when ever I want.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

a) thank you for being a friend.

b) Dimitri is the hotness. as well as the funniness. I hearted him initially on the Daily Show, with his "Trendz" bit. Now I heart him in his special. He's special.

c) you complaining is like ear-ambrosia (not the cool-whip kind. the other kind.) please don't ever stop.

d) and if you threw a party, and invited everyone you knew, ... and i forget the rest of the lyrics, but I would TOTALLY come to your party that no one else showed up to and I would drink all your alcohol and eat all the food and then, while vomiting profusely due to my gluttony, tell you how marvelous it was. see? friend.

love you. Deb

12:47 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

My freshman year in college, my roommate and I would watch reruns of Golden Girls late at night. :) Everyone else was out partying, we were in our room like good little students. lol!

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh for the love of GOD - THAT'S where I'd seen Dimitri before! The Daily Show! DUH. I knew he looked familiar and I just couldn't place him.

Thank you, lildb. Now I love him even more. *swoon*

p.s. you're a friend and a confidant.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Radioactive Tori said...

I LOVE the Golden Girls! Haven't seen it in forever, but used to love it!

Dimitri looks hot...I am off to check him out. If he's funny too, I may have to have him as my new pretend boyfriend.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Kyla said...

TGIF...back in the days when my friends and I pinky swore on Full House. You break the promise, no more Full House for you. EVER! *lol* Good times.

And MOTR, as the Golden Girls would say, "Thank you for being a friend." *lol*

1:30 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Thanks for that link to the video. I needed a smile today and that was it! I kept saying I REMEMBER THAT ONE! (over and over again).

2:29 PM  
Blogger Jansky T said...

I was never one for The Golden Girls (although Bea Arthur DOES give me a semi).

2:49 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

OMG, Bea gives YOU a semi too? I thought I was the only one. She's so hot. If only I had been a 65-year-old single dude 20 years ago...

4:57 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

If I babysat in high school on a Saturday night, Golden Girls, that dumb hospital show afterwards and the other show with Dinah Manoff and "Joe Isuzu" was a good night of tv. I must be getting old because I can't remember the names of the shows!

New to your blog and I think it is great!

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the GG's! And Perfect Strangers! And you, so I'm glad you're getting a puke reprieve.

6:37 PM  
Blogger Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

Golden Girls is always a good show to watch;>

Now if only we could get Perfect Strangers into syndication...

8:09 PM  
Blogger karengreeners said...

perfect strangers? blech. but i have been known cackle at a gg repeat or two at 4 am.

5:58 AM  
Blogger AMANDA said...

I am always looking for a good comedian. I will have to check that guy out. I don't know if you have heard of (1)John Caparulo, (2)Tom Papa, (3) Joe Derosa. My top three. I've seen them all live and I laughed my arse off.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

I am a closet Golden Girls junkie. Love it.

Hugs to you ... hope your vomit-filled days move long behind you.

5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ws BEa the one that was pretty plainly a man?

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I normally detest Dr. Phil, but I watched that episode too because of the Deaf/Blind triplets. And while I was compelled and touched the story of what the parents are dealing with, I think Dr. Phil is a complete moron for equating the experience of a woman who lost her sight at 15 to what these girls and their parents are facing. The Pollyanna advice that she was giving them was just so far off base, it was insulting.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I used to watch Golden Girls with my grandma on Saturday nights during dinner when I was visiting my dad on the weekends. Loved it. But Blanche was a bit "easy", no?

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

BlogHer Ad Network
More from BlogHer
Advertise here
BlogHer Privacy Policy

Moms Speak Up

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A Perfect Post

A Perfect Post

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

More Bling