Monday, October 22, 2007

Postscript

Wow. So much great advice and encouragement in the comments of my last post. Thank you. If I could sum it up, the most common comment was: "It will get easier." I can't tell you how much it helps to be reminded of this.

And by the way, I feel more than a little wimpish for even complaining. I am lucky to have two healthy children. I should probably shut my trap and just be thankful (though the venting felt sooo nice).

And also, I feel it necessary to clarify (in order to protect my reputation and in case there was any confusion) that I am not a fan of Michelle Duggar's hairstyle, or as kgirl so aptly described it, her "super-mullet". I am merely amazed that she keeps her hair clean with that many kids, especially hair that long. However, as you all pointed out she has many kids to help her raise her other kids and all. I don't know why I didn't think of that.

And finally: speaking of large families, have you seen the show "Our 27 Kids" about the couple who adopted 24 special needs children, in addition to having four of their own? They adopted several children with down syndrome, a blind child, an autistic child...and that's all I can remember, but there were other disabilities as well. One of their children died of leukemia. From what I saw on the show, they are simply amazing, generous and loving people. At one point in the show, I remember the mother reminiscing about one time when many of them had the stomach flu, including herself. She said that after throwing up in the middle of the night, she went to attend to 14 of the other children who had also thrown up. Fourteen of the other children. Throwing up with the stomach flu. All at once.

Yeah, uh, what was I complaining about again?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better and a bit refreshed! We all need a little encouragement sometimes.

Jane, Pinks & Blues

7:09 PM  
Blogger Kyla said...

Oh man. One child vomiting is plenty. Two children vomiting is way more than enough. But 14? It would kill me. Wow.

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant to comment on your last post, but I am glad you are in better spirits. And hopefully, when I am in the midst of "how in the world did I ever think 2 kids was a good idea" I will reread your post and comments. I am due in just 6 weeks w/ my second.

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't feel wimpish! I would seriously question your sanity if you thought that life with a newborn and a toddler was all rainbows and roses. You are allowed to complain.

9:26 PM  
Blogger karengreeners said...

there is no minimum child requirement for complaining about the challenges of motherhood every now and then, m'kay?

5:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy stinkin' crap!!! 14 all throwing up!!! Really helps put things in perspective! Sometimes I think I'm gonna lose my mind and I only have 3!!!

9:25 AM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

I can't handle my own two children...seventeen would send me OVER THE EDGE.

Hang in there, sweets.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Glad you are feeling better.

As for the lady with 27 kids. The first thought I had when I saw the thing about her having to deal with 14 kids who had the stomach bug was "SO WHERE was her husband?"

All of that puking would be my biggest nightmare. That and the homework and trying to manage various (physical/occupational/speech therapy schedules.

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

BlogHer Ad Network
More from BlogHer
Advertise here
BlogHer Privacy Policy

Moms Speak Up

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A Perfect Post

A Perfect Post

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

More Bling