Tuesday, May 09, 2006

It's not 1,000 grand but I gotta little something for ya

In case you hadn't heard, I've been conducting a Mama-Needs-Some-New-Stiletto-Heels Lotto Pool with some fabulous fellow mommy bloggers. Refer here and here for details. Tonight the lotto results came in...

I'll give you the good news first. Four, yes four of you, picked winning numbers! Now the bad news. You weren't all on the same ticket. So (heavy sigh)...I'm sorry to say it, but we didn't win. They'll be no trip to Hawaii, no $1000 bucks to give out to the lucky winners.

Nevertheless, I feel that I must give something back. So, for those that gave me a lotto number that was picked tonight--Izzy, Kvetch, Mama C-ta, Christina-- consider yourself tagged. (Brought to you courtesy of Kel who tagged me with this last week.)

Read on for the meme...

*****************************
I AM: wearing the same socks I wore yesterday.

I WANT: an IPod, a kitchen remodel, new shoes, a trip to Europe...oh sorry, got a little carried away there. I meant to say I want world peace and an end to hunger everywhere.



I WISH: that Starbucks Venti frappucinos didn't have 870 calories.




I HATE: Bill O'Reilly. Hate. With a passion.

I MISS: Having time to wash and blow dry my hair.



I FEAR: people with Bush/Cheney '04 stickers on their cars.


I HEAR: that Sensual Mist is an excellent product.

I WONDER: whether anyone is even reading this right now.

I REGRET: not paying better attention during Lamaze class.

I AM NOT: above wearing the same socks two days in a row.

I DANCE: around the room with Little Guy every day. He's the only one who won't tell me how bad I suck at dancing.

I SING:Actually, I don't sing anymore. Not since 6th grade when my choir instructer (a nun by the way) asked me if I'd rather read during mass because I was bringing the choir down with my off-key singing voice. I'm still scarred by the experience.

I CRY: when I try on bathing suits.

I AM NOT ALWAYS: polite to telemarketers who call during dinner.

I MAKE WITH MY HANDS: obscene gestures to people who cut me off in traffic.

I WRITE: lots of lists, including the list I am currently making.

I CONFUSE:
the difference between second cousins and cousins twice removed. What the heck is the difference anyway?

I NEED: 14 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Stat.

I SHOULD:
be doing something else rather than blogging right now (like sleeping).

I START: my day thanking God for my Little Guy.


I FINISH:
my day thanking God for my Little Guy.

24 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo! I picked a winning number.

Wanna rub my belly for good luck?

No?

Okay. Just thought I'd offer :)

Thanks for the linky love and I will complete the meme tomorrow. I loved your answers, BTW. I'm scared of those people with Bush stickers on their cars, too. Those black ones with the "W" on them are particularly ominous, like he's Darth Vader or something. And Bill O'Reilly needs to be friggin' ball-gagged and slapped around.
Seriously.

11:07 PM  
Blogger ms blue said...

Awesome list!

I've wondered about your cousin question too and no one has ever been able to explain. I hope one of your readers will be able to fill us in.

11:13 PM  
Blogger Mom on the Run said...

Cute Little Guy!
I want an iPod too and a kitchen remodel. I'm sick of my 1970's brown kitchen and also being the only one walking with a boom box. Can someone please just give me $ so I can live in the year 2006?

11:53 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

Your Little man is adorable!!!!
I am totally not a big fan of the Bush/Cheney clan either!!!!
Great List!! I enjoy reading your blog, it is pretty entertaining at 530 in the morning after I have fed my little guy and waiting for him to crash again!!!!

3:42 AM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

Holy crap, 870 calories? Yikes!

4:56 AM  
Blogger Christina_the_wench said...

Love the blog and the list. Can I add my want? I want a wife. Someone to cook and clean and do the laundry and basically take care of me, minus that sex stuff. Gotta have a man for that. Tell me that doesn't sound wonderful... ~sighs~

5:00 AM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

*crying* I can't believe we didn't win :(
Oh, and that Starbucks frappuccinos have 870 calories!!! No wonder why I've gained some weight.
I also love how you start and end your day. What a cute little guy!

5:12 AM  
Blogger Kel said...

I just want to pinch your little guy's cheekys! He's such a cutie.

6:22 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Who needs a lottery win when you have a kid as cute as that?

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean I actually picked a sort of winning number?! I'm in total shock! What an adorable boy you have there too!

Ok I need a little time to complete the Meme b/c I should probably be acting like Mother right now and not some internet obsessed crazy lady.

7:23 AM  
Blogger j.sterling said...

omg, for once i'm happy i didn't win! LOL.. but i'ms orry you didn't win the big bucks dammit!

9:21 AM  
Blogger Marcie said...

Mmmmm Frappucinos. Now why did you have to go and ruin it for me with the calorie count? I guess it's time to go into denial mode:)
Ditto on Bill O'Reilly, Bush stickers, the IPod and crying while trying on bathing suits.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

I read your blog daily...good stuff here and your baby is adorable!!!! Since I didnt hit the big lottery number can ya just send me ahundred bucks and we will call it even? ;))

10:45 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Your second cousin is a child of your mom's or dad's cousin. For example, Patty and Ginny are sisters. Their children Megan and Amy are first cousins. Megan's son Dom and Amy's son Jake are second cousins. Does that make sense? Now, Megan and Jake are first cousins once removed. I think this is right- but I could be wrong.This is how it was expalined to me.

Oh- and I hate those Bush/Cheney stickers too. I like the "Scrub the Shrub" ones though! (And of course with my dirty mind I thought it was something perverted at first!) I have a crossed out W on my van- someone asked me if it meant I don't work.

12:31 PM  
Blogger K. said...

I want an iPod too. Desperately.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

Oh, I like your list. I think it's great that wake up and go to bed being thankful for your ADORABLE baby. That's a super good way to keep the rest of the BS in perspective. Especially the fact we didn't win a damn thing and are stuck spa-less.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Put me down for one of those kitchen remodels too. And while they're taking away the old crap in those heavy duty dumpsters they can throw in Bill O'Reilly and all those damn W stickers as well.

Have I mentioned your child looks cute enough to eat? :)

7:26 PM  
Blogger noncommon said...

i might steal your post. we're at the start of a kitchen remodel, and having a husband with an opinion is kind of a pain in the ass. and there are so many other things you said that i was like, "me too!" so like i said, i may steal your post and tag myself. okay?

9:40 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Lindsay: thanks for the nice words about my blog. I am blushing.

Christina: ooh, i'd like a wife too. great idea!

Domesticator, Mommy on the Verge, Kel, Andrea, Jodi, Mrs. Chicky et al. Thanks for the nice comments about my boy. :)

Marcie: I'm sorry I had to be the one to break the bad news to you on the Frappuccinos. I was pretty depressed for a while after I found out myself.

Rumtum: thanks for explaining the cousin thing! I had to read your explaination a few times, but I think I got it. lol Thanks for visiting me!

Cameo: steal away!

9:56 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Like a lot of these other ladies, I feel like I'm reading a list of MY memes. (Except that i never attended Lamaze classes) Anyway, it was way cool of you to TRY making us a thousand bucks richer. :)

10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are my new best friend. :)

~Jenny
http://blogs.chron.com/mamadrama/

3:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never win anything! I'll tackle the meme, I promise. After the laundry! And the bills. And more coffee. And the PTO meeting. Oh heck, I'll probably do it first.

5:11 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

I'm slacking, but I swear I'll take up the meme challenge tomorrow. Gotta agree with you on people who have those Bush stickers, though - grrrr.

Oh, and you broke my heart - I had no idea how many calories those creme frappuchinos had until you told me. I preferred living in ignorance. Now I will have to live in denial. :)

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, your little guy is adorable!

But alas, the number 4 fails me again. Maybe it's time to pick a new lucky number.

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

BlogHer Ad Network
More from BlogHer
Advertise here
BlogHer Privacy Policy

Moms Speak Up

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A Perfect Post

A Perfect Post

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

More Bling