Saturday, April 29, 2006

Renting My Blog and other Symptoms of Bloggeritis

A few days ago, I posted about my meth-addict-like blogging obsession. I was so totally relieved when Nancy informed me that there is actually a name for this affliction—Bloggeritis. Somehow, knowing that I’m not the only one who might have considered buying a Dictaphone and matching Chin Bud Headset to capture blogworthy ideas at a moment’s notice makes me feel less, well, freakish. At least slightly.

Anyways,
being the fiend that I am, I have two pieces of exciting news to share:

1. I have recently joined the 21st Century and upgraded my 56K modem to DSL so that I can get my fix faster. This is really spectacular news considering that just last month my phone company refused to provide me DSL service because I was 134 feet (I sh*t you not) too far outside the service area. 134 feet? I practically walk farther from the couch to the kitchen to get myself more Cheez-Its. But whatever. There was no reasoning with them. I tried.

But--on to the good news...After scouring the Internet like a madwoman for any DSL provider that could give me a break, I finally found ONE company, ONE, that would do it for me. I am now all hooked up to my DSL and it is feelin' oh SO good to have speed!

2. My second piece of news is that I have begun renting my blog! Yes, like a gold-digger competing on Flavor of Love, I am pimping myself out...and my fellow bloggers too! So, go visit my new tenant, Zephra, at Chronicles of an Exhausted Mom. She has four, yes, four children. No wonder she’s exhausted!

But she's awesome. So go check her out.

Quick, before it's too late.

Look over to the right sidebar, then scroll down, past Archives...bingo!

***********************************
Edited to add: What was I thinking putting my lovely tenant down past Archives?! That was pretty inhospital of me. I now have her in a more prominent location with a nice header.

14 Comments:

Blogger Zephra said...

Thanks. I am honored that you chose me.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

I am honored that you bid on me. :)

6:37 PM  
Blogger Marcie said...

Congrats on the DSL:)

6:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Bloggeritis is a debilitating condition. Fortunately there are things like DSL that can help us get our needed blog fix. We should start an online support group.

Going to visit your renter now!

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the Dictaphone. I've considered getting a water-proof one. Why is it that I get my best blogging ideas in the shower, yet when I sit down at my laptop, nothing comes?

9:14 AM  
Blogger Heather Bea said...

I think that I suffer from bloggeritis as well. Last night I stayed up to late loading my blog with all the blog search buttons and a rent my blog sign.

Congrats on the DSL!

11:03 AM  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

I KNOW I have bloggeritis. And good for you on the DSL, it will help feed your addiction.

I don't get the whole renting my blog thing, can you please esplain Lucy??? :)

11:06 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Thanks, all. I'm so very happy about my DSL too :)

P.S. For those who were wondering, renting your blog is a way to help other bloggers get new visitors and to help promote your own blog. If you go to this website, you can learn more about it. It's kinda coo' http://www.blogexplosion.com/rentmyblog/

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for DSL! I didn't know they still made 56k :)

12:31 PM  
Blogger Piece of Work said...

I definitely have bloggeritis. But I'm going to see it as a good thing: you know, if you can't change it, embrace it. It's how I found you, after all! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. And thanks for explaining the rent my blog thing, I don't feel like such an idjit anymore.

2:55 PM  
Blogger K. said...

Bloggeritis will be so much easier to live with now that you have DSL. Congrats on enabling yourself.

4:09 PM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

I don't know how you managed without DSL for so long. Don't you just love it??

5:17 PM  
Blogger ms blue said...

Glad you satisfied your need for speed!

Bloggeritis sounds like a condition that would leave you covered in puss-filled pimples and a sore throat. Thank goodness it's not that. Oh wait, my throat is a little sore.

6:05 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Yes, I do. I looooooooove DSL. Currently, more than chocolate.

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

BlogHer Ad Network
More from BlogHer
Advertise here
BlogHer Privacy Policy

Moms Speak Up

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A Perfect Post

A Perfect Post

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

More Bling