Friday, May 12, 2006

Spreading a Little Love

This post is in response to Her Bad Mother's Great Mommy-Blogger Love-In celebration, the purpose of which is to spread some love to a fellow mommy blogger, or two or three, who have made a difference to you. There are many mommy bloggers who I visit daily and that I love to read. I wish I could talk about each one, but I know you have lots of blogs to read today so I will just highlight my latest discovery.
************************************************************

You know, the cool thing about blogging is that just when you think you have found all the best mommy blogs out there...just when you think you can't possibly add ONE MORE blog to your blogroll or bloglines or whatever...you stumble upon a blog that you've never seen before, you read the current post, and it's all over. You're hooked.

That's what happened to me when I visited i obsess. And here's how she hooked me:

On my first visit to her site, I found out about her love for Bill Murray. Automatically, I felt a connection--cuz anyone who's a friend of Bill's is a friend of mine.

On my next visit to her site, she was talking about her love for Stephen Colbert. Stephen Colbert! He's the man I got Tivo for for Pete's sake. Awesome.

If that wasn't enough, she posted an adorable picture of her baby boy, and I realized that we had something else in common: we were both pushing little guys out of our woo-woos at approximately the same time last summer! Yahoo!

But wait, there's more...

Her next post titled "Monday's Child" was just beautifully moving. Here is my favorite line: (speaking of her son)"...her love was something he would never comprehend, never truly return, and somehow that knowledge made her sense of it expand until she could see it, stretching, infinite, aware that she could love him enough for it to reach back around and touch herself, because that was what must be. I highly recommend reading the entire post if you haven't gotten in your daily dose of joyful crying yet.

And finally, she hooked me because she is totally funny (used to do stand up if I'm not mistaken), totally politically incorrect (love those Bush jokes), and a totally hip mama.
Please pay her a visit and send her lots of XXXs and OOOOs for me. I just hope she doesn't think I'm a crazy mommy blogger stalker after she reads this post. But when she gets super famous and has like 75 people commenting on her blog every day, I will get to say, "Yeah I knew her way back when. And I told you she was cool."

I hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day Weekend!
*******************************************************
Edited to add: I'd also like to send some love Lindsay's way, who for some insane reason, chose to acknowledge me. *blush*

10 Comments:

Blogger Catch said...

I will check it out....and Happy Mothers day to you Sweety!

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*ahem* - I'd like to thank Mommy off the Record, the academy, HBM and the mommy blogger assocation, as well as my husband, the dog, and the fabulous Qosmio laptop that services my needs so well; but most of all, I'd like to thank my son for all of his contributions to my existence that have provided me with the -- huh? that music means I'm supposed to wrap it up? oh. uh - yes. thank you so much for this honor!

seriously, Mommy off the Record, I am beyond humbled by your choice. thank you for making me feel so special.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

lildb, you crack me up lady. your acceptance speech was great!

3:23 PM  
Blogger j.sterling said...

it is SO true though.. i am constantly surprised and amazed at how many kick ass moms their are out there! and just how fun they are to read and get to know, etc. it's amazing!! :)

4:10 PM  
Blogger Piece of Work said...

Sweet! I'm off to check her out.

5:26 PM  
Blogger ms blue said...

Excellent choice! She is a brilliant read and like I said back at my home, she has a heart of gold. Love is in the air...

7:55 PM  
Blogger *Tanyetta* said...

Cool Beans! I'll check it out when I can. Thanks for the link.

10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day!
I so love this idea and will be completing it tomorrow! Yours was very well done!

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. lildb is a great new blog find :)

10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, this is the second recommendation for lildb I've seen. I will be checking her out! Thank you.

and Happy Mother's Day!

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

BlogHer Ad Network
More from BlogHer
Advertise here
BlogHer Privacy Policy

Moms Speak Up

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A Perfect Post

A Perfect Post

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

More Bling