Wednesday, December 06, 2006

More Than You Wanted to Know? Probably.

It's a good thing memes don't come with due dates because if they did, I'd be headed for detention. Way back in early September (which in blogging time is like 5 years ago), I was tagged by this lovely lady for a meme. I planned to do it the very next day, but then a day turned into a week, and a week turned into a month and then, before I knew it, it was almost the end of the fricken year and I hadn't done it yet. So, sorry for taking so long, Carrie! I'm sure you've forgotten all about it, but I didn't. When I get tagged, I take it seriously and I will deliver! :)

I'm also throwing this one out for my good friend Andrea at Little Bald Doctors , who tagged me for a similar meme this week.

Here you go, ladies! Thanks for the tag!

Things You May Not Know About Me:

1. My mother was born here, which is the equivalent of the Napa valley, but in Italy.

2. I have very large tonsils. Some might call them throat testicles.

3. I am related to Joe DiMaggio.

4. My graduate degree is in Public Policy and Administration.

5. When I was little, I was really shy and didn't speak up very much, but I still distinctly remember telling my little four-year-old friends that only I could dance when I played my Tina the Ballerina record because my name was Tina and theirs wasn't.

Things I want to do before I die (in random order):


1. Travel to every continent at least once
2. Publish a novel or a short story
3. Feel like I contibuted to society in a positive way
4. Give my children everything they need to feel secure and independent
5. See my children's children

Things I cannot do:

1. Watch rape scenes in movies
2. Eat anything with chocolate in it (he he just kidding! Wanted to see if you were still awake.)
3. Lie
4. Identify songs with their artists. I am horrible at that.
5. Speak Spanish (though I want to learn)

Things I can do:

1. Play the piano
2. Speak pretty rusty Italian
3. Do a couple cool pencil tricks
4. Turn my eyelids inside out
5. That's it. It's a pretty short list.

Things that attracted me to my Husband:


1. His humor
2. His intelligence
3. How nice he was to me
4. The fact that he always wanted to hold hands

Things I say most often:

1. Can you please pick up your socks?
2. Do you think it's safe to eat this?
3. I'll have the hot fudge sundae, please.
4. Don't blame me. Blame my hormones.

Movies I love:

1. Clue
2. Ferris Bueler's Day Off
3. Planes, Trains and Automobiles
4. When Harry Met Sally

I'm tagging Red Rollerskate, Jenny, and Janet, and anyone else who'd like to do this one.

25 Comments:

Blogger Girlplustwo said...

nice. nice about your husband. nice about travel...and would love to hear that rusty italian..

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great lists. I think your logic about the Tina thing makes perfect sense. If I was your friend back then, I wouldn't have danced. I would have just watch the Tina do it instead!

10:39 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Momish, you are so sweet. But I have to admit that I was being a total brat and if I could have gone back in time I would have kicked myself in the tutu and invited everyone to dance with me.

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tee hee hee...I love these...I'll get on it right now....

4:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vaguely remember a Tina the Ballerina song on a record. I'm afraid I probably did dance to it!

5:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE CLUE TOO!

With Tim Curry?

5:34 AM  
Blogger OhTheJoys said...

throat testicles...??!! Bwaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaa haaaaaaaa.

5:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Do you think it's safe to eat this?"

You are my long-lost sister. Let's get together and watch Clue. Again.

5:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am totally serious..."Pick up your socks" and "may I have a hot fudge sunday, please" are two sentences I'm always saying!!!! LOL

6:09 AM  
Blogger kirida said...

We can be throat testicle twins.

6:11 AM  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

I've always wanted to speak Italian. You and I should go visit your mom's hometown, drink some wine and you can help me learn the language by watching Clue in Italian. :)

6:20 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

OMG Planes Trains and Automobiles, and When Harry Met Sally are soooo on my list too! Cool List!

8:12 AM  
Blogger beth said...

Clue is absolutely one of my all time favorite movies!

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Ferris Bueller!

Bueller?

Bueller?

I could watch it over and over again. Whilst drinking daiquiris with my e-friend MotR would be the best way.

;-)

Great meme!

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to have very large tonsils. They were removed when I was 16 because they were blocking off my airway and I had had strep throat for 9 weeks straight.

It was terrible!

11:53 AM  
Blogger Beck's Mommy said...

I actually have believed my entire life that I was the ONLY person who loves Clue! It is on my top 5 list and every time I comment on it, my husband rolls his eyes and says something about how horrible the movie is. (I also love FB and WHMS)

Great minds...

1:10 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

I cannot believe you can still turn your eyelids out!!! I remember doing that in 6th grade, you know, to impress the boys!

Honestly, I completely forgot about this and I am so glad that you didn't...you can blame MY hormones!! :)

Carrie

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe fun Meme's ... you totally had me going with the chocolate!

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Flames...on the side of my face...heaving...

Tim Curry is yummy!

8:59 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

DUDE, who are you anonymous? Reveal yourself! I must know because that is one of my all-time favorite lines from the movie!

And a close second is this one:

Mrs. Peacock was a man?

To all of you other Clue lovers, I love you all the more know that I know we share an affinity for the best movie ever made :)

9:43 PM  
Blogger jo! said...

I just stumbled across your blog (highly entertaining) and just had to say hi! I mean, when one finds a fellow Clue enthusiast...

"He didn't actually seem to like me very much; he had threatened to kill me in public"
-"Why would he want to kill you in public?"
--"I believe she meant he threatened, in public, to kill her."
-"Oh."

oh, i could go on and on! It's hard to stop once I start (eerily reminiscent of pringles). Just one more:

Well someone has got to break the ice and it might as well be me you see I'm used to being a hostess as part of my husband's work and it's always difficult when a group of new friends gets together for the first time to get aquainted so I'm perfectly prepared to start the ball rolling you see I have absolutely no idea what we're doing here or what I'm doing here or what this place is about but I am determined to enjoy myself and very intrigued and oh my this soup's delicious.

have a great weekend, "mommy"!

12:16 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

This is a great meme. I really loved reading it

3:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

3. Feel like I contibuted to society in a positive way

Totally with you on this one :)

1. Watch rape scenes in movies

Me either. All violence makes me squirm but that's the worst.

10:06 PM  
Blogger bug girl said...

You wouldn't happen to know what album the Tina the Ballerina song was on? I really want to get a copy of it. It was a childhood favorite of my little sister's.

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Amil said...

I bought Tina the Ballerina recently on ebay. It is a 78 rpm album by Peter Pan Records with Jack Arthur narrating. Here it is on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Musical-Story-Record-featuring-Ballerina/dp/B001LEXTRA

Marilyn Reese and the Honey Dreamers were the music/singers

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

BlogHer Ad Network
More from BlogHer
Advertise here
BlogHer Privacy Policy

Moms Speak Up

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A Perfect Post

A Perfect Post

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

More Bling