Tuesday, November 14, 2006

ROFL Awards - October

Prepare to laugh your asses off, people! Izzy and I are pleased to announce the winners of the October ROFL Awards. Thanks to everyone who participated!




Mommy off the Record awards Kevin Charnas

There are funny bloggers and then there are f*cking funny bloggers, kwim? The kind of bloggers who write stuff that makes you laugh hard like 95% of the time. For me, one of these bloggers is definitely Kevin Charnas. As I debated about who I wanted to nominate this month, Kevin kept coming to mind and, in particular, a series of posts he had written around Halloween last month. The only problem was that two other people e-mailed me to award him for the very same posts! At first I thought that I should choose someone else, but then I thought that, really, that wouldn't be fair considering he was the blogger that I thought wrote the funniest post I had read last month. So, without further adieu, I would like to join Jennster and Oh the Joys in awarding Kevin Charnas for his Evolution of My Halloween Costume series of posts. Be sure to scroll down until you get to Puss in Boots, which is my all time fave.
__________________________________

More Awardees....

Soul Gardening awarded Mama Tulip*

Crankmama awarded Moobs

Between Diapers and Dishes awarded Mexico Movies

Ravin’ Picture Maven and Life, the Universe and Everything awarded Hulushki

Scribbit awarded Dandelion Mama

Hello Insomnia awarded Anne Nahm

A Beautiful Mess awarded Victorian Rhapsody And Dirty Dishes

Radioactive Girl awarded Chicky Chicky Baby

InsParenting awarded Mommy off the Record

Hell Broke Loose Today awarded Zube Girl

Bub and Pie awarded Momish

Stolen Moments awarded Sweatpantsmom

The Pink Diary awarded Memoirs of a Feline Empress in Exile

Slackermommy awarded Momish

Maniacal Days awarded Kevin Charnas

Momish awarded 8 Centimeters Deluded

Oh the Joys awarded Kevin Charnas

Bread Crumbs in the Butter awarded a peek inside the fishbowl

Sarah and the Goon Squad awarded I'm Doing the Best I Can

MOMBAT awarded Crankmama

Jennster awarded Kevin Charnas


*As you may know, Mama Tulip is taking a blogging break right now, but that doesn't mean she can't still win an award!

____________________
To award a blogger for a post written in November, e-mail me the link to the post and a link to your blog by December 5th.

15 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Charnas said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you...Honestly. Thank you. I'm not really sure what else to say except thank you. I'm truly flattered and my heart feels warm. :)

8:29 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

Hi-
Funny stuff! I just linked from http://www.gnmparents.com/ to spread the laughter!
Meg

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, thank you sooooooooo much! I think I am in total shock that my name is up there, yet alone twice! I am so giddy right now, I can barely see. I can't wait to read all the posts! Last month's had me chuckling to myself for days!

9:41 AM  
Blogger j.sterling said...

fucking charnas.. good gravy. i am so pissed! LOL

9:58 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Kevin: Thank YOU for making us laugh each month.

Meg: thanks for linking!

Momish: yay! You deserve it - congratulations!

Jennster: your new profile photo is cute!

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so love Mama Tulip. I wish she would come back.

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are so fun! I haven't had the chance to read them all, but I think may try!

12:54 PM  
Blogger PunditMom said...

He is TOOO funny! I enjoyed his Sharon Stone costume, as well!

2:51 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

What a great month's worth of awards. I've gone through the entire list and have added a few new must reads to my blogroll. Thanks so much for coming up with this!

4:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Looks like another successful ROFL month!

7:54 PM  
Blogger Girl con Queso said...

Oh dear. I forgot to nominate again. Next month. No really. Really.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Domestic Slackstress said...

Yee-freakin'-ha! Let the dive into the deep carb end of Ben and Jerry's begin. I'm celebrating. Thanks so much Momish for nominating little ole me. Thanks Mommy Off the Record for keeping the love going. Cheers.

10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys rock!
Especially you, MOTR!
Thanks to you and IzzyMom for keeping us laughing!

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great thing! Thank you for the mention, and thank you for the list of great reads!

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, writing humor is not my thing but it is nice to know that someone cares to coordinate a way to compile/acknowledge those who do.

It's a talent, 4 sure.

1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

BlogHer Ad Network
More from BlogHer
Advertise here
BlogHer Privacy Policy

Moms Speak Up

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A Perfect Post

A Perfect Post

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

More Bling